Demi Lovato Quits Tour

Enters Treatment Center

11/2/2010 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Disney star Demi Lovato has bailed on an international concert tour with the Jonas Brothers -- and has checked into a treatment center to seek help for "emotional and physical issues" ... TMZ has confirmed through the singer's rep.

1101-demi-lovato-ex-1

In a statement to TMZ, the 18-year-old singer's rep says, "Demi Lovato left her tour early this weekend in order to seek medical treatment for emotional and physical issues she has dealt with for some time."

We're told Demi is not seeking treatment for drug use.

The statement continues, "Demi has decided to take personal responsibility for her actions and seek help.  She is doing just that."

The rep concludes, "[Demi] regrets not being able to finish her tour, but is looking forward to getting back to work in the near future."

Sources close to Lovato tell us the singer was in a physical altercation with a female member of her tour recently ... which was a "catalyst" in her decision to seek professional help.

1101_demi_lovato_footer_V2

mimi

in other words she's cracked out

Sarah

DEMI LOVATO IM SO PROUD OF YOU!
AT LEAST YOURE NOT A FAT WHORE LIKE MILEY!

lalala

She is not necessarily in "rehab" as people tend to think of the word. She has not done anything wrong, no drinking or drugs. I for one applaud her for knowing her limits and admitting that she can't deal with whatever it is she's going through alone. Good for Demi, and I hope she comes back stronger than ever!

erin

TMZ, i think that posting an unflattering photo of her on your main page, then designating a "pretty photos" section of her is one of the reasons why she is seeking treatment. she was always self-conscious of herself which led her to cutting herself. you shouldn't be posting that now of all times.

Megan

Seeing this made me happy. NOT because she has a problem, but because she is getting help. Demi has always been my favorite Disney star and right now I am seeking help for depression, and Im not sure why she is seeking treatment but whatever its for and that fact that she is trying to deal with it makes me feel hopeful and less freaked out.
I luv u Demi!

Amie

You are all pathetic! She obviously is going thorough alot right now give her a break. Demi is not doing drugs shes not doing coke! your all pathetic. She is in there to get help, and thats all matters we just hope shes okay and gets out safe. we love you demi!

Kelli

God bless this young talent. She will survive and she will help other's cope in their own pIN.

krissy

okay now I want to slap pretty much every other person who wrote a comment on this article. why do they have to bash her? I don't understand. the article clearly said that she is seeking help for emotion...al & personal issues, not drug abuse. & even if it was for drugs, at least praise her for the fact that she's acknwoledging the fact that she needs help & decided to do something about it. yes, Demi has disappointed me a couple of times, but right now a part of me is proud of her for making the decision to help herself. if you don't like her, fine, just put it aside for now. acknowledge the fact that this girl needs help & support, not continuous insults. that's only going to make her situation worse. I have a few people who dislike me, but if I had something severe in my life even some of them might be somewhat sympathetic. what people are doing to her with these comments is just cruel, I mean show some respect for once.

franz weber

so do you think she is reading this and say's " Wow, someone cares about me and I can not disapoint them" do you realy think that? YOU NEED HELP, get a life!

JoeMahma

lmfao @ this picture right now.

Angela33

another one bites the dust!

Jessica

What this girl needs is support and encouragement to get better, not speculation or accusations as to why she needs the help she is getting. Whatever the issue is, she is doing a great thing by getting help. Good luck to you Demi.

brian

in other words, shes getting that chin fixed... ;)

Slutty Whores Rock

Never heard of her, sounds like just another disney concentration camp kid who can't handle life.
She looks fat and that wonky eye don't help.
Disney - the evil mouse strikes again.

oceanup.com

this sucks. idk y but i think being heartbroken and on tour with the heart breaker who has a new girlfriend who goes to most of there shows cant make dealing with any type of problem any easier.