Lily Allen: I've Suffered a Miscarriage

11/1/2010 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lily Allen has lost her unborn baby ... this according to a statement the singer released through her rep.

1101_lily_allen_BN_Getty_01

Allen's rep explains, "It is with great sadness that we have to confirm that Lily Allen and Sam Cooper have lost their baby."

The statement, first obtained by People.com, continues, "The couple ask that their privacy be respected and that they be left alone at this deeply distressing time. No further comment will be made."

The 25-year-old British singer was due to give birth to a boy in January.

It's the second time Allen has miscarried -- she suffered the tragedy back in 2008 during her relationship with musician Ed Simons.

Melissa

That is so tragic, poor Lily. What a devastating thing to have happen especially when she only had another 3 months to go. Very sad. RIP little one and my prayers to Lily and Sam.

buffettgirl

It's not a miscarriage that far along. It's a Premature birth and a deceased baby.

My thoughts and prayers are with Lily and her family.

Megs

I don't know much about Lily, but this is tragic. My thoughts to Lily and her family through this rough time.

Ginger

This is so sad. There aren't any words to make it better - just time. You have my sympathy on the loss of your child. There's nothing more to say.

Bren

I'm not sure it would still be labeled a miscarriage this late in.
I can't imagine what she is going through. My thoughts are with her and her boyfriend during this time.

Reyna38

WHO THE EFFFFFF CARES.. WHO IS SHE ......... WHAT HAS SHE DONE FOR THE PEOPLE.. BECAUSE I DONT KNOW HER.. SO WHO CARES.

Audaz

Wow, how sad. My prayers are with them. I just had my baby and it's such a wonderful thing and would have been devastated if something like this would have happened to me that far long.

danielle

This is NOT a miscarriage! She had A STILLBORN! Its so incredibly sad, i had a stillborn in Dec. She had to give birth the baby, who was not alive, or she had to have a c-section.

Megan

TMZ, this is not a miscarriage, it's after 20 weeks. And yes, the terminology is important. This is a stillborn baby, not a miscarriage...

CORRECT THE TITLE!!!!!!!!!

amy

it's not a miscarriage. it is either a premature birth with a baby who passed right after delivery or it's a stillbirth where the baby passes in the womb or during delivery. either way, she would have given birth, the baby would have been just past the point of viability, she will have to recover from giving birth just like anyone else, her milk will come in, etc.

please change the wording on this post as it's very disrespectful to those who have experienced this.

Brittany

I agree with the other comments about it being a STILLBORN. I lost at 6 months pregnant and I held my child and buried him. There IS a difference in losing a baby at 8 weeks to losing a child at 6 months. Please recognize this difference and change the title to stillborn for respect of all the babies and mother's who have had to buried their newborn.

Allison

Yes, way too late to call it a miscarriage. Her baby died, she was 6 months along. So sad.

Shannon

While it's true that it is not a miscarriage this late, TMZ is not incorrect to post this as a title if it is taken from her statement. If she labeled it as a miscarriage, it is not their responsibility to correct her words.

@Reyna38: Who the EFFFFFFF cares that YOU don't know her. It doesn't matter if YOU know her or not. Even if she wasn't popular, any descent human being should still feel sympathy for the situation.

christy

This is not technically a miscarriage, however it stated in her statment she said she had a miscarriage so they are not the ones wrong in calling it that. Maybe she just wanted to release it that way so she could keep the real details more private. It was probably easier for her to release it this way to the public. To Reyna 38: Who the hell cares about you? You are noone significant in this world. I do not know this woman either but your ignorant. You are worse than a ****roach. Go crawl back in a hole you worthless waiste of a soul.

ó|ó

that is really sad

sadly this is something many women go through, sometimes many times, until years later and the lucky few get a baby that is alive

other than that, there is adoption, if you really want a kid and nature isn't letting you

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments