New Michael Jackson Tracks -- Real or Phony?

11/3/2010 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Two of Michael Jackson's children are adamant -- some of the soon-to-be released MJ song tracks are frauds.

1102_michael_jaCKSON_GETTY_EX
As we have been reporting, Sony will be releasing a Michael Jackson album before Christmas, featuring 10 - 12 original tracks.  We're told 5 of the tracks were recorded at the New Jersey home of record producer Eddie Cascio

Michael and his kids stayed at Cascio's family home for 4 months in 2007, when the tracks were recorded, along with remixes that were released on the Thriller 25 Album.

The Jackson family believes the Cassio tracks in question were fakes -- sung by a Michael Jackson sound-alike.  We're told Prince says he was upstairs at the Cascio's house when many of the tracks were recorded and was able to hear the music, and none of what he heard matches the Sony tracks.

We're also told Paris is "adamant" -- she does not believe her dad's voice is on the tracks in question.

But the estate claims there are sound experts who say conclusively the tracks are the real deal.

People connected with the Sony project believe the kids are being "manipulated" by Katherine Jackson and other family members who don't want the album released.

Lee lee

Michael was not a pedo!! He was human......he had flaws........he was human..................

Tamie

I don't believe Sony would ever put out fake songs. Most people who have listened to MJ can tell a real from a fake. His children, even though they are close to the situation, I feel have never listened to his voice to the same extent as much of the public. I don't think MJ played his music for his kids over and over again. Most mucisians won't do that in their own homes, they are just plain sick of the songs. For that reason I think Prince is incorrect, but I admire him for speaking out for what he feels is right. MJ would be proud of the young man, and Paris as well, they are growing up to be strong people.

MiMi

Posted at 6:36 AM on Nov 3, 2010 by Tamie

-------------------------------------------------------

Big corporations will do just about anything for a buck. If you haven't learned that by now then you are truly blind.

BTW Michael did not have to play his music in his own home. He himself sang to his children all the time.

How wonderful for them that must have been....

anonymous

I am SO tired of you haters calling Michael Jackson a child molester and ***! STFU & grow a brain! Your ignorance is highly shocking and sad!

anonymous

I am SO tired of you haters calling Michael Jackson a child molester and f @ G! STFU & grow a brain! Your ignorance is highly shocking and sad!

Tamie

_______________________________________________

And if you think Sony would risk their reputation to put out fraudulent music, then you yourself need a little eye-opener.

I am sure MJ sang to his kids. It would be different than what he sounded like in a recording. As he said when he was preparing for This Is It - it was for his kids to see him perform. It is a well-known fact that artists often don't listen to their own music, watch their own movies, etc.

melnel

I would say that sony would make sure that it was michael, but they're so money hungry I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to pull a fast one. Does anybody remember the song This is it, where they didn't even check to see what the status of that song was and ended up having to pay the writer of it millions. I really hate that sony has the rights to Michael's music when it was clear he did not like them anymore. I think that is suspicious in it self.

MiMi

Sony risk their reputation? LoL Sony has been on the downside regarding sales for quite a few years now. Michael's demise was the only thing that kept them afloat last year.

If Sony believes they can pull off a fast one on the public, believe me they will try.

Michael sounds different on a recording versus singing live?

Absolutely ridiculous....

Dinahg

Dustin, I'm french and it is the first time I write because I have ever read such a stupid comment.
I wonder if you are so stupid or if tried to be funny. Next time think before you show the world how stupid you are. Un vrai con

tis_ruthy

You are the sweetest person "alive"

Lisa

I agree with you. The children were so young. I don't know how they would know. They have not even released the songs so how do they know if it is Michael or not. I think it is just the media stirring up some crap like they always do. I cannot wait for this cd to come out. I just hope the media will stay out of it. LOve Love Michael.

Tamie

Michael sounds different on a recording versus singing live?

Absolutely ridiculous....

______________________________

Michael singing around the house, without a microphone, without reverb, most definitely changes the nuances of someone's voice. Those things are meant to enhance and improve the quality. Michael had a great voice, with or without the help. But, it would have sounded somewhat different. I am interested in this new music, but like some of you, am concerned that it isn't the quality of music Michael liked to put forth - which is why it wasn't put out before now. Not sure I will buy it. I hope it does him justice, after all, an album released posthumously always has added expectations and anticipation.

Roseilicious

Posted at 8:16 AM on Nov 3, 2010 by Tamie

__________________________________________________________

Well said, and I agree, with hoping that the quality is of what MJ would want out here.

The difference in "sound": It's likened to the difference of home movies, and movies professionally produced...

Furtermore: MJ had stated that he had tracks in storage FOR his children. When was it stated that these tracks were NOT of the quality he WOULD put out here, if he were to have chosen TO release them himself?

It's assumption, period.

It stands to reason that he would intentionally store unheard to the public, tracks that he wanted his children to have for whatever THEY would wish to do with them - keep them to themselves, or release them to the public for whatever THEIR reasons would be (when they come of legal adult age, to decide of their own accord) - but who ever said they were UNfinished pieces?

Thing that is most bothersome about this (to me) is that they were left for PPB, and now taken away from them and released anyway. IF they agreed to their release, they are children, hence far more easily to take away and decided for them by subtle (or not) coercion to do so. Much like his awards they auctioned. (Where did PPB stand on that? No word. Do they even know? Were they asked? If they were, were they coerced into selling them, or rebelled but they did it anyway... etc.)

Perhaps he assumed they wouldn't sell those either. IMO, his awards SHOULD have remained theirs, such as the tracks were INTENDED to be, as inheritances to decide what should be done with them when they came into the rest upon their ages of majority.

Roseilicious

Perhaps there are different "sets" of pieces that MJ left in various places for various reasons? IE... specific material he left for PPB, and those pieces are still under wraps waiting for them, and something is in place to insure they cannot be pilfered from under them? Other pieces... finished and not.. he left (for lack of a better phrase for the moment) basically "at large" so to speak... so Sony can legally (cuz MJ wouldn't have cared if they did anyway, if he was gone - as he owned have of Sony)... or ... was he THAT "out of it" that he didn't think to hammer these details into place should anything sudden happen to him? Odd too, considering he so feared this sudden demise was going to happen... he would have prepared, estate/trust wise, for it. Idk... could be his fear really did overrun any kind of logic in doing so. I could, and can, easily understand how that could happen.. IF that had been the case, that is.

That's the thing, isn't it.... IF. Same 'ol.

anni

ha ha ha I think the picture says it all, sober much, dude? Get that junkie a chair. ha ha ha He is wearing the "Lady Dior" jackets again. sick mother. I think this picture of that bitch was at Liza's wedding. Wear MJ wore the pilgram collar and broach. ha ha ha he loved the pussie!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments