Katherine Jackson's Partner -- My Bad!

11/8/2010 9:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Howard Mann, Katherine Jackson's business partner in JacksonSecretVault.com, screwed up royally and he knows it -- and now he's reaching out to all Michael Jackson fans to say he's sorry.

1107_howard_mann_doc_launch

Mann published a Jackson song on his website that was touted as an "unreleased MJ track" that came with the blessing of Katherine. As we previously reported ... it was neither of those things.

Mann knows that now, and in a letter to TMZ, apologizes for his "act of stupidity and random ignorance." Mann says he had no idea the track he thought was called "Opis None" was really just a version of an old track called "Destiny."

Near the end, Mann writes, "Our goal at JacksonSecretVault.com is to pay tribute to the legendary artist and artistic visionary that was and is Michael Jackson. The fans are entitled to a higher level of integrity then I demonstrated this past weekend and for that I am sorry."

Roseilicious

Wait. lol

Clicked back to MJ homepage on here after posting my last post and see that suddenly THIS (and, with it's "Page not Found" no less. lol) story has been moved to UNDER the "Breaking News" audio release story that was posted last night.... as if.

Gee. How'd that happen? Harvey is, or is not, sleeping in late this morning?? Hmmm....

Fun little new game I have going on at my end as of late: "How long will my posts last on THIS thread"?

LOL!

nan

this guy tried to attach mj name to that garbage he put out. he didnt even recognize it and yet the fans did right away.
he is dirtying up mj image and his music to make a fast buck. katherine should stay far far away from this guy and schaffel as they are both bad news.
she is the doorway to mj3 and these people should be no where near them..
these are the type of people that took advantage of mj and derided his life

dd

What a loser.

LC4Michael

Didn't MJ take take this man to court over a dispute they were having? Can anyone verify this for me?

If so, why in the world would KJ let him be her business partner?

Still think he is a slime-ball. Apology or no Apology.

musiqbiz

Howard Mann is a schmuck, a crook, and someone MJ detested... Katherine was MJ's mum, but she isn't a business woman, and she can only guess who's legite and who's a crook. It's sad she has had to be pushed into the limelight when MJ died, as she's probably never been put in a situation like this before...She needs to get as far away from this clown immediately...

CloBird

404 File not found. Where is the letter? This is not the first time TMZ has posted something that fails to appear.

It is time for Katherine Jackson to fire Howard Mann and ask Branca and McClain to find someone else to run the Vault site.

Annie

I am one of the founders of the Facebook group -Michael Jackson's Fans United for his Legacy (MJFUL)
We sent the letter and petition to Mr.Mann . We have not heard ONE word of apology or acknowledgment from Mr.Mann.
We also are questioning , why the "Opis None" is still on his website.
Mr.Mann, although, your apology to TMZ, has given you more press time on TMZ. A formal apology and some substantive action on your part, is in order.
Sincerely,
The Members of Michael Jackson's Fans United for his Legacy (MJFUL)

cynthia

This is what Katherine Jackson gets for surging a partnership in an unholy alliance....Mann is taking advantage!!

TSIG

"The fans are entitled to a higher level of integrity then I demonstrated this past weekend and for that I am sorry."

TRANSLATION: The fans aren't as stupid as I thought. Now they've exposed me as having no integrity, they're boycotting JacksonSecretVault products, and for that I am sorry. I am very, VERY sorry now.

Ragana

Pat

I'm afraid all of this is causing people to lose sight of a greater threat here. Sure we can pick at Mann till the sun goes down...he seems to be making himself and easy target— but what do we know about "the Estate" not Catherine Jackson, but rather, John Branca and John Mclain...who go out of their way to hide.
There are some ugly and unjust truths behind their position.

Pat

There are some ugly and unjust truths behind their position too..

tiny_dancer

People, learn your facts.... everyone makes mistakes. God Bless Howard Mann. He is the only person who has ever had the balls to stand up to the estate lawyers-shysters. I also think the estate is scared of him. Good! God will be on Kathrine and Howard Mann's side. fight the good fight!!! God bless you Howard Mann.

JennySavesAPenny

I stand behind Kathrine Jackson all the way. This woman knows what she is doing and I am happy to see she has a friend seeing her through these rough times. This lady has been through enough. She and Mr. Mann have my blessing <3~

realqueenofpop

Couldn't agree more with the above comments. Howard Mann is proving to be a stand up guy to the Jackson family. Makes me happy that there is someone without an agenda helping them. Maybe for the first time ever. Now that all the "targeting" has died out, the man actually is a decent person with the good that he has done.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2