Joe Jackson -- I Didn't Beat MJ, I Used a Strap

11/8/2010 11:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It may be splitting hairs (unless you're on the receiving end) but Joe Jackson maintains he didn't beat Michael Jackson as a kid ... he used a strap ... and he'd do it all over again.

1108_joe_jackson_oprah_video
Watch Oprah call out Joe on her show today.

anthonyg86

i think that if beating Michael made him the man he was before his death and throughout his life. It had a major impact and not beating him might have given the world a different result.

IN OTHER WORDS. if we go back in time and stop the beatings...we might not have the pleasure to see the moonwalk. or hear billy jean, or make us think long and hard after listening to man in the mirror.

DANA

that strap is called 20 mil $ you old raatttt!!!

cali

Lets face it, they successfully raised NINE kids out of the ghetto without a criminal record.
That belt also kept them from hiding their full potential. I’m sure Michael would rather take belt over living in poverty the rest of his life.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

No splitting hairs there huh?!?

cali

@txlady47
I got the flyswatter too!!! ha ha ha!!!

Marie

Posted at 1:06 PM on Nov 8, 2010 by anthonyg86

I would rather not hear Billie Jean and not see the Moonwalk if Michael Jackson could have a happy normal childhood and not be a child star.My love for MJ is unconditional.He does not have to be a star for me to love him.

Tony Chliek

Michael was raised in a time where spanking and whipping a child was acceptable. The school principals spanked kids with a wooden paddle, a father whipped kids with his hand, a "switch" or belt, mom's used a wooden spoon and I was whipped with all of them. My dad was often punished by making him kneel naked in the coal bin and whipped with a razor strap. His sister only had to strip to her underwear. So I feel fortunate not to get what he did. It;s just the way it was.

FYI, I have one son and never hit him or spanked him. The horror of the many beating I received made me change. I'm sure it made my father tone down his too.

via

that man is ignorant and crazy

Miss MJ

Hitting a child is never okay.

Caleigh

The line forms behind me to beat him with a strap....freaking a hole child abuser

Olivia3100

In whose world is this a positive?
A strap hurts much more than a hand.
Straps, spankings, slaps, rulers, paddles....
Way to go "Dad of the Year"!
Expect the World's Greatest Dad trophy any time soon?

REYNALDO

JOE JACKSON IS A ASS.ALL HE EVER WANTED IS MICHEAL JACKSON MONEY.I WISH HE JUST GO AWAY.IF IT WAS NOT FOR MICHAEL.NO ONE WOULD KNOW THE JACKSONS......

ifuseekamy

Like Howard Stern said, they should market the 'JOE JACKSON TALENT BELT' it'll beat the talent into you and the lack of talent out of you! It's where Michael got the inspiration for BEAT IT

ifuseekamy

Actually, yes, Michael once admitted his father's aggressiveness played a large part in his success.

RAY

JOE JACKSON IS SUCH A ASSHOE,ALL HE EVER WANTED WAS AND IS MICHAEL JACKSON MONEY. WHAT A DEADBEAT.JUST GO AWAY.