Matt Lauer

'We Stand By'

Kanye Interview

11/11/2010 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Matt Lauer is holding his ground against Kanye West -- claiming he stands by his recent interview with the rapper ... despite Kanye's allegations that Matt manipulated him into showing remorse for George W. Bush

Matt Lauer and Kanye West
Kanye flipped out on Twitter yesterday -- after "Today" aired a clip of the interview -- claiming Lauer "tried to force" his answers during Tuesday's sit-down ... in which the rapper said, "I would tell George Bush, in my moment of frustration that I didn't have the grounds to call him a racist."

But Lauer stood by his interview -- which addressed the rapper's famous post-Katrina remark that Bush "doesn't care about black people" -- airing the entire segment this morning to prove that nothing was taken out of context.

Kanye is scheduled to return to "Today" for a performance on November 26th -- and sources at the show tell us they're still expecting the rapper to show up.

1111_TODAY_CLIP_2

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Nikkcolle

Kanye doing what he does best............whining like a bitch

Mary P

I'm to believe that a selfish, arrogant man such as Kanye, who would ruin a moment like Taylor Swift's and butt himself in her moment would actually be coerced by.. Matt Lauer???? Seriously - this is a man with no shame whatsoever. That moron has never had a problem speaking his mind, I guess it all flooded on him for the first time ever in his entire life at the shakedown known as Lauer interviews, they are pretty brutal.

ohreally

In about 2 years, Kanye's going to lose his mind.

Stupid People Hater

Kanye needs to go away. I agree he is a whiny little bitch.

Cooper

waaa waaa waaa......

Chris

Go away you low life crybaby...no one cares about your whining anymore!

Mark

What a pain in the ass! Stop your bitching.

patty

WACK-O! Stand by what you say

Abe

I saw the Kanye West interview on "Today."

Kanye came off looking like the moron that he is.

Matt Lauer rocked!

x

TXluvsMJ2

I didn't see the whole interview but what I saw didn't really impress me. Bush is a racist regardless of whether Lauer thinks he scored points against Kanye or not.

Kanye did not say he took that statement back, and he shouldn't. What Kanye said is that he should not have called Bush a racist out of his frustration: i.e. one incident doesn't necessarily make a person a racist. However, in this case, Kanye was right, Bush isn't a racist (that's a sweeping generalization), he has mixed blood in his family (Mexican) but he (Bush) doesn't like black people.

Kimo

Kanye NEEDS TO go away!!

Mike

Kanye for the most part said he was wrong...but offered no apology. Which is his right to do. My problem is that he was "ambushed" with the Taylor Swift thing. Wasn't the show supposed to be about GB? And if so...what does rolling tape with the TS incident got to do with it. Smells like a set-up to me. I used to really like Matt...lost a lot of points with me.

Phil Alger

West needs to learn to stop! Its over for him! Like anyone cares about him anymore! He should have taken the high road!

POPO@

**** kanye kill yourself

Linda

This moron was trying to shed a tear but couldnt get one out, he is a joke and need to crawl back under the rock he came from!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments