Kanye West:

HELL NO, I Won't Perform on 'Today'

11/12/2010 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West claims there's no way he's going to perform on the "Today" show later this month -- as he was scheduled to do -- strictly because of the way Matt Lauer and Co. handled his interview about George W. Bush.

1112_kanye_BN_TMZ_01
Just hours ago, Kanye went to his Twitter page and pounded out the following message, "I'm not performing on the Today Show for obvious reasons. I'm so happy the world got to see just a small piece of 'the set up.'"

As we previously reported, Kanye butted heads with "Today" over an interview they aired on Wednesday -- in which Kanye said, "I would tell George Bush, in my moment of frustration that I didn't have the grounds to call him a racist."

As of yesterday, the people at "Today" still expected Kanye to do their show on Black Friday -- but now a rep tells us Kanye's officially out.

tucker

OMG - GO AWAY you little punk! Does ANYBODY care about this obnoxious has been anymore? Why give him ANY air time?

ray

his 15 ...over

janalal4

People were just responding to something stupid you said in the past, but you just continue.

Posted at 11:12 AM on Nov 12, 2010 by venicementor

LOL! No kidding & there's so many 'stupid' things to choose from, where do we even START?!

I think Bush's 'mistake' was even mentioning Kanye's name & that he was even REMOTELY affected by that jackasses comment/opinion to begin with. All that did was give Kanye 'significance' that in reality, most people feel he just doesn't really HAVE. About the very last person I want to hear from regarding matters of politics(or any topic of discussion for that matter) is Kanye West. In fact, wish MOST of these musical artists & celebrities would simply SHUT UP & sing/act or do whatever it is that they are supposed to be doing. The very idea that they could possibly 'affect' how our goverment is run, truly frightens me!

cezanne

#14 -

Get over Bush would you - my God - start living in the present. Kanye is a tool and so are you.

Chris

No one wants to see his has been @ss anyways! He's a crybaby loser! Maybe he should have taken better care of his Mommy so he would have her to cry to..Cheap @ss!

dd

Kanye made a race issue about something that wasn't about race. All people were trying to help after Katrina..all people on the Gulf Coast were suffering..Dead babies, Dead grandparents, mothers and fathers. Yes the President should have handled it much better but when he blurted that statement out it tainted the cause.. Thank God the people on the Gulf Coast did everything they could to help each other regardless of race.

Fred Farkel

Barack Obama summed it up pretty well:

"KANYE WEST IS A JACKASS"

jennifer

West is gonna be sincerly missed.........NOT!!!!!!

janalal4

I understand that the 'buck stops with the president' but to lay ALL the blame for H.Katrina at Bush's feet is utterly narrow-minded. Meteorologists with the National Hurrican Center had been warning city & state officials of New Orleans & Louisiana respectively about the dangers of a 'direct hit' to the state for DECADES; long before Bush ever took office & NOTHING WAS DONE. Not to mention FEMA should have gotten it's act together a looooooonnng time before Katrina.

Same goes for 9/11. Just HOW LONG have those in Central Intelligence been warning that something of that scope in terrorism COULD & WOULD OCCUR?? Need to go back long before Bush took office to see that one coming down the pike:( On the other hand, some of us tend to conveniently 'forget' the fact that SINCE 9/11, we've seen no further acts of terrorism committed here on our home soil have we? Sorry but I happen to feel much safer & 'slept much more soundly' knowing we had Bush in office when this occurred. Perhaps he may not have accomplished much else while in office but IMO, our country has become a much safer place SINCE he held, and 'left' office. Leads me to believe he must have done SOMETHING RIGHT. Think he was the right man at the right time for the job. Yeah but that's just 'me':)

Ann

Wah! Wah! Wah! Hopefully your day in the sun will end..total victim mentality and major chip on his shoulder.. he doesn't fight racism, he stirs it up....the antithesis of a great black man like King who did bring change and push people to see beyond color.

Posted at 10:30 AM on Nov 12, 2010 by jv chicago

WELL SAID!

Elizabeth from Michigan

I'm happy he's not performing. No biggie AT ALL! The Today Show did like everyone else. He just thinks he deserves "special" services. He needs to shrink his attitude!

gutsygirl

Re: 141

What a great point! May I borrow that?

gutsygirl

re: #141

Excellent point!! Maybe I steal that?

Deb

Seriously Kanye no one cares. Now go away.

kcv

I do agree with one thing Kanye said....Taylor Swift deserves NO awards for her singing...anyone heard her live??? I can't be the only one that hears her screeching..and I so wanted her to be a good singer after what the idiot did to her...but he was right, just wrong in how he expressed it!