Michael Jackson -- First Single Released

11/15/2010 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The first official single from the new Michael Jackson album was just released on MichaelJackson.com -- "Hold My Hand" featuring Akon.

Michael Jackson's Hold My Hand

As we previously reported, Akon returned to the studio recently to put the finishing touches on the track.

The full album is due out December 14.

mysteria333

gabriel....thank you for your wonderful and sincere comments about michael....UNFORTUNATELY IT DOES NOT REGIISTER WITH MANY PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY ARE SENSATIONALISM SEEKERS NOT INTRESTED IN THE TRUTH....AND THEN THERE ARE THOSE THAT SIMPLY ENJOY CONFLICT AND ENJOY THE IDEA OF KEEPING IT GOING.....THATS THE KIND OF WORLD WE LIVE IN TODAY.....GREED AND DECEPTION,,,, THE ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR !!!! MICHAEL MISSED DAYS,, WEEKS AND HOURS OF SLEEP TRAVELING ALL OVER THE WORLD TRYING TO SAVE LIVES ,, FEED THE HUNGRY,,, PUT SMILES ON THE FACES OF THE SICK,, POVERTY STRICKEN AND FORLORN....BUT BECAUSE HE WAS WEALTHY AND SO TRUSTING CERTAIN PEOPLE COULD NOT STAND IT ,, THEY JUST HAD TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO GET HIS MONEY,, SO THEY COULD LIVE A LIFE OF LUXURY AND NEVER HAVE TO WORK AGAIN...BUT I'AM MOST ASHAMED OF THE MEDIA,,,AND BELIEVE ME THEY ALL KNOW HOW WRONG THEY WERE,, BUT UNLIKE APHRODITE THEY WOULD NEVER ADMIT IT,,, HONOR AND INTEGRITY IN THE MEDIA NO LONGER EXIST...I WONDER IF THEY REALIZE THAT MICHAEL DID NOT HAVE TO GIVE MORE THAN HALF OF HIS FORTUNE AWAY,,,TO THE SICK AND AFFLICTED,,, I WONDER IF THEY EVEN CARE THAT MICHAEL DID NOT HAVE TO STOP AT HOSPITALS ,, ORPHANAGES,,, NURSING HOMES TO SUPPLY EQUIPMENT,,TOYS,,SMILES FOR THE WEAK AND SICK,,,MICHAEL COULD HAVE MADE HIS RECORDS CONTINUED TO REAP IN BILLIONS AND LIVE A LIFE OF EXPLICIT LUXURY....BUT HE DID NOT DO THAT,, HE WORKED TIRELESSLY TO HELP ANY ONE HE COULD,, ANY HOSPITAL HE COULD ANY COUNTRY HE COULD... HE WORE HIMSELF THIN TRYING TO HELP OTHERS,,,THEN HE TRIED TO DO CONCERTS ON TOP OF ALL HIS HUMANITARIAN WORK,,, OFTEN COLLAPSING FROM SHEER WERAKNESS AND LACK OF SLEEP...AND HE DID NOT STOP THERE HE WROTE MANY SONGS TO INSPIRE US TO DO THE SAME,,, LOVE EACH OTHER,, HELP EACH OTHER,,CARE,, GIVE A DAMN !!! AND ON TOP OF ALL THAT HE HAD TO ENDURE THE LIES AND FALSE ALLEGATIONS OF THE GREEDY,, RUINING HIS GOOD WORKS AND HIS CAREER...WHO DO I SEE ABOUT THAT !!! WHO IN THE HECK DO I SEE ABOUT THAT !!!! I READ THE HATEFUL,, NASTY COMMENTS THAT A FEW WRITE ON THE INTERNET AND I JUST SMILE AND REMEMBER THE WORDS OF JESUS ( FORGIVE THEM FATHER FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO ) FOR HIS GOOD WORKS FOR CARING ABOUT HUMANITY I KNOW WHAT MICHAELS REWARD WILL BE,, HIS FUTURE IS SOLID,, HIS REWARD IS GREAT AND ASSURED...A FEW WILL WAKE UP,, MANY WILL NOT AND FOR THEM I TRULY FEEL PITY...AND I WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR THEM,,,MICHAEL YOU WILL LIVE IN MY HEART FOREVER,, AND IN THE HEART OF THE WORLD FOREVER RATHER YOU RETURN OR NOT,,,MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU AND YOUR FAMILY...A TRUE FRIEND.....LR

FlowerPower

Can Michael Jackson Reign Again?
'Hold My Hand,' First Official Single From King of Pop's New Album, 'Michael,' Released Today

More than year after his death, Michael Jackson is poised to rule the charts again.
Today, a duet the pop icon recorded with hip-hop singer Akon goes on sale. Nevermind that the song, "Hold My Hand," was recorded three years ago -- hear that? It's the sound of millions of people clicking "download."

"Hold My Hand" is the first official single of the upcoming album "Michael," which includes Jackson's previously unreleased material. It premiered on MichaelJackson.com at 12:01 ET today and is now available for digital downloading on multiple platforms.

Read more here:

sad

Now this song, I can certainly here MJ. RIP lovely angel. Not so happy Akon is on it. I would love to hear a song with MJ's voice only. Akons voice is distracting Michael's beautiful voice.

sad

I gave this song a 10. I gave it a 10 because of Michael's beautiful voice. I gave Akon a 0 because his voice is auto-tuned and sounds horrible.

kim

This song is beautiful and once again the world is reminded what a great man we have lost. He is the King and their is no others to match him no matter how you look at it. I am one looking forward to the new cd on december 14th. have also heard the leaked version of "keep your head up" and that is a hit also. This man may be gone but his music will continue on.

RIP MJ - YOU ARE TRUELY MISSED BUT WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

Michael

nice song, I liked it. I'm happy that it's really Michael and not Malachi.

Peg

AWESOME....love it.

lynn

This is a great song - their voices go together so well. I think Michael would be glad to know his fans love this song - eventhough he didn't get to put his finishing touches to it.Wish it could have been released in his lifetime. I think it's a great tribute to a great man. RIP Mike - love you.

Mary

love you michael.

MiMi

I loved this song before and I love it even more now...

Kerry

I truly liked the 2008 leaked version better and Akon needs to get over announcing his name and label on every song he produces...getting real old and boring Akon.Michael would NEVER have wanted that announcement at he beginning of the song. Akon should have left the original unpolished version alone..sounded much more authentic..

mj fan forever

Incredible!!!!! Made me cry!!!!! Incredible Michael's voice as always even if I would have preferred that was only Michael to sing of course, but thanks to Akon for having done his better with this beautiful tribute!!! I can't wait to have this album and all those future!!! It's an ANGEL to sing!!!

LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU MICHAEL YOU ARE AND FOREVER REMAIN IN MY HEART!!!! I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU!!!! NEVER!!!!! I MISS YOU TOO MUCH AND WISH YOU WERE HERE!!!!!

L.O.V.E. L.O.V.E. L.O.V.E. L.O.V.E. L.O.V.E. L.O.V.E.

mysteria333

TMZ....PLEASE STOP SELLING MY COMMENTS TO ALL THESE OTHER MONEY GRUBBING WEBSITES,,,I;VE SEEN MY COMMENTS VERBATUM ON OTHER WEBSITES THAT I DONT COMMENT ON AND WOULD NEVER COMMENT ON ,, PLEASE DONT DO THIS

Pyrrho

Love Michael.
Hate Akon.
The song is weak. I don't need anything new from MJ if it's gonna be mediocre.

Sapphi