'Ace of Cakes' Bites It

11/19/2010 6:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The Food Network has had their fill of "Ace of Cakes" -- TMZ has learned the show will be canceled after this upcoming season.

Ace of Cakes Cancelled

A rep for the Food Network tells us, "All good things must come to an end, and the final season of Ace of Cakes will begin on-air in January."

As for Duff -- the star baker -- we're told Food Network is "currently in the process of developing new show concepts for him."

stumpy

They should get rid of cake boss instead

cregis

Do people actually eat these cakes anyway? I wouldn't touch them because the decorators handle them too much. I don't mind Cake Boss which is not on Food Network but on TLC but wouldn't eat his cakes either and agree Cake Boss is contrived. Hope Duff shaves and looks cleaner for his next show.

sav

they actually do have a few concepts for shows in the works. you will for sure be seeing more of Duff on food network, and maybe even other places....

ScroogeMcDuck

That guy's cakes suck anyway. Some of the people on his staff are pretty good but on the rare occasion he makes one himself it usually looks slightly better than some generic cake you'd see in a grocery store.

Kevin

Who could eat those cakes anyway? They build them with pipes and wires and all sorts of crap and then supposedly serve them? Yeah, sure pal.

Rusty

Now on to Paula Deen. She is embarassing.

bdr

This is what TV has become...developing new show concepts with a baker.

Ginger Martin

NO WAY!!!!!

Rodney

I think Ace of Cakes was a little soft for the network, no spice. You never heard any one argue...everything wasn't "reality" in my opinion. However, you have Cake Boss...you have the radical Mother, you have the crazy Sister and then the Boss...that will be around for awhile IMO. Crazy shows sell!

Callen

AWESOME SHOW!!! Those guys taught my child that expertise in play-doh really pays off in life. But seriously, all their damn cakes looked like they were made of clay. Who in the hell wants to eat a cake that is covered with fondant. If these hacks were actually talented in cake making they would be fabricating from actual icing and people would be talking about the flavor of the cakes. "But it looks nice!" meh

debi t

NOOOooooooo, I absolutely LOVE this show!!! I plan on visiting this company when I'm up there next year...I LOVE this crew....they are funny and quirky and real...the perfect show!!! These guys ROCK!!!!!

jon

Thank goodness...who watches that crap? Fat people maybe...

Judith

It was an awful program. Had the worse sanitation I have ever seen in a bakery. No one wore head protection or cooking jackets...could see them rubbing their face and hair and then no sign of sanitation of hands at all. The cakes etc. were never boxed up just stuck in a vehicle and who knows what got on the cake in traveling and transporting the bakery items.

Mini

It was fun for awhile, but getting a little old. I hope they come back with something really great for Duff...I think he is really charming!

ron storer

How sad! By far the best designed cakes on TV. Their attention to detail has always been something that I have appreciated. I am going to miss them.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments