Lindsay Lohan -- I Wasn't Fired, I Quit!

11/20/2010 5:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan made the choice to leave her latest film project, not the other way around ... sources close to LiLo tell TMZ.

1114-lindsay-lohan-tmz-ex
It's been reported today that Lindsay was fired from the planned Linda Lovelace biopic "Inferno." But sources who have spoken to Lindsay within the last hour tell us Lindsay decided to drop out from the film so that she could focus more on her recovery.

We're told Lindsay felt the project no longer felt right -- but that she and the director, Matthew Wilder, remain on good terms and hope to work together in the future.

UPDATE: A rep for Lindsay adds that Lindsay is "concentrating on her recovery" and calls the decision to leave the film "mutual."

1120_lindsay_inferno_footer

Frank Boggs

@ dd Judging by your awful grammar and spelling along with your complete lack of ability to express yourself beyond a third grade level, I think it's fairly obvious that YOU are Dina. After all, you're the very definition of a dumb whore.

If you don't wanna look stupid, it might be best to step away from the keyboard.

Pam

I think the people producing the movie would have hung on as long as it takes for a chance to exploit her and that the therapy she's been taking finally allowed her to see that. She's starting to get it. Good for you Lindsay. One step at at time....

Moe Green

Hey Lindz, the Pope says condoms are OK. Call me!

Moe Green

I'd like to exploit her bare ass!

Moe Green

Dina, can you set that up for me?

michele

I am rooting for you Lindsay. Do what is best for you! xo

dd

@151 Di..oops FRANK is this a gossip site or an English class? Like I said I hope she gets better...WHORE ouch... I think that phrase applies to her right now..Get u're panties out of a bunch and calm down..So foolish and childish to name call! I'll leave this blog when u make me!!!! LOL....

JLS

Oh BS! The producer already said they couldn't insure LL and that's more likely than her claiming she didn't want to do the movie! The producers are just over 30 days until she gets out of rehab and they could begin shooting. This is a likely time they would have attempted to insure her and I believe THEM, NOT Lindsay.

Sorry, Linds. Great try to save face but it's obvious what took place here.

Skippy La Rue

if you just needed to do more research you could of gave me a call..I'm let you try and ********** me.....

JaneB

EXCELLENT!
Quit OR Fired.
Best thing that could of happened to her "career" was to get out of this smut film.
The market for the people who want to watch Linda Lovelace, IS NOT THE MARKET YOU WANT LINDZ.
Still praying for you baby doll.
Try not to lie.
It's important.

JaneB

THANK GOD!
Lindsay, this is THE best thing that could of happened to you if you are SERIOUS about being an A-LIST actress.
Congrat's love.
Jane

Skippy La Rue

WHAT...you censor ***********????

JLS

I'm cheering LL on as well BUT....don't lie to us anymore, please. You've done this too much to us.

Start your new existence with telling the truth to us. You aren't good at lying. Tell Dina you won't do it anymore.

Skippy La Rue

taorhtpeed.......backwards..finally!

awards

Poor Lindsay! She wanted to have her role rewritten into a lesbian story and apparently lacked oral technique skills that made the filming impossible.

Before stomping off the set she yelled "I only do that for daddy!"