Sarah Palin Blasted for Halibut 'Snuff Film'

11/23/2010 6:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sarah Palin thought it was "weird" when she held the beating heart of a halibut in the palm of her hand on her reality show this weekend -- now an animal rights group is calling the episode a "snuff film."

Sarah Palin

Sarah and Bristol were featured on a halibut fishing excursion on the reality show "Sarah Palin's Alaska" -- the show even featured a scene in which Sarah and Bristol clubbed the fish to death ... a standard practice among  fisherman.

But a group called "In Defense of Animals" is lashing out at the reality fam -- saying, "Sarah Palin’s complete lack of compassion as demonstrated in this snuff video is disgusting."

The group adds, "Most disturbing is the way she seems to enjoy causing suffering to other beings. When they laugh about the beating heart that Bristol holds in her hand, their complete insensitivity to the animal kingdom becomes clear."

FYI ... a rep for the Alaska Charter Association -- a group in defense of recreational halibut fishing -- tells us the clubbing technique is actually "humane" because it's used to "minimize the suffering of the fish."

Jen

What's next....Baby seals?

dh

Wow 56% say not cool? I hope they are all vegetarians, because if you eat any kind of meat, clubbing and/or worse is involved.

Somehow i get the suspicion the high "not cool" vote is motivated by the group-thinking idiots who have to take a shot at everything Palin. TMZ really needs to keep politics out of their amusing, trite little articles or it may cease being a fun little guilty pleasure ala daily show.

mkope1

Are you fing kidding me!People got to get a grip!Whoever is mad at this ,let me come over your house, and i will eat your goldfish and **** him out on your rug,F u animal activists and the horse you rode in on,which i shot and sent to the glue factory F U!

j

#56 is so true. all you commenters look up partial birth abortion procedures. You will think the fish being clubbed is wonderful. I bet MOST of you don't even know that babies have been put to death even at 9 months with partial birth abortion. That is cruel and you VOTE for these guys and gals who allow this gruesome act. Look it up, pro-life truth.

Father forgive them

This is one of the most offensive posts I have ever seen. This is a typical Palin Hater.
Check out the posters screen name (Slutty Whores Rock). I don't want to be on the same side of any issue that this person endorses.

"Dear Jesus:
I pray that Sarah's boat tips over and all the little fishies eat her eyes and ears.
I pray she swims to shore where she is met by a giant polar bear who tears her guts out inch by inch.
I pray that Sarah Palin dies an agonizing death over 48 hours and all the animals gather to hear her screams.
That, or she gets ass cancer.
I ask this in the name of the Father.
Amen."

Posted at 1:57 PM on Nov 23, 2010 by Slutty Whores Rock

Fredo

I've yet to see anyone on here calling me all these names after I ADMITTED to performing these exact same acts that the Palin's did.

Just face the facts, you people are SHALLOW and will find a way to mock the Palin's for wiping their butts with toilet paper that comes from a TREE that used to be a LIVING THING.

What a bunch of dolts!

Moe Green

I like fish. I eat grilled and poached salmon all the time. I like Sushi. I like to put soy sauce on the Sushi. I used to eat a lot of canned tuna but now like fresh fish.

Misti Elledge

You *******s just can't leave the Palin's alone. Gonna keep throwing the sh*t till it sticks.. Wow, how bad, a fish died, cried me a freaking river. Are you REALLY that stupid??

tracy

"If you think it was OK for her to beat the fish to death ... why not volunteer to have someone do the same to you. After all what makes you so special.

Posted at 1:50 PM on Nov 23, 2010 by Murf"

Two things make me quite a bit more special than a fish. 1, I have legs. 2, I know better than to try and eat something hanging off a hook.
Its a fish for crying out loud, Its not like she was runnging around clubbing children.

pink floyd

you have to club them. sometimes you have to shoot the really big ones they are a very strong fish. bring a 80lb halibut in your boat alive can result in injury!!!!

MGY

I can't believe you all are for real. It's a fish for God's sake!

j

To # 58. The fisherman don't have to hide their profession. It IS what they do. You guys want gays on TV doing what they do and we have to see it. Stop and consider how you get what you eat and wear and who and how it is done to get it to you...stop and think how dumb you all sound about FISHING.

What is you recocmendation to kill the fish in Alaska.

Lisa

Yep, I know Canadians club baby seals, and that breaks my heart, but if Sarah gets into the White House, anyplace will be better than the US of Palin! Where else can we go? New Zealand and Australia, I guess...but its easier just to cross the border to Canada. Besides, I like Canada, where folks like to do it doggy style so that they can both watch the hockey game!

ohplease

Lisa, feel free to move to Canada. We will have a fish fry in your honor.

Fredo

I would LOVE to see some of you idiots hold a 20 pound gar in your hands while it flops around out of control, and tell me you wouldn't club that thing to death! Most of you would probably pee on yourselves!