James Franco -- Mass Rejection at 'Actors Studio'

11/28/2010 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

James Franco just made history on "Inside the Actors Studio" -- sources at the show tell TMZ tickets to see J.F. were in such high demand, the staff literally rejected a record number of people.

1122_james_franco_itas_EX_TMZ_getty
We're told hundreds of "industry professionals" tried to score free tix to the show -- way more than the allotted amount -- and in the end, staff had to reject more than 250 people. The purchasable tickets sold out too.

As for the interview, set to air next month, we're told Franco was such an awesome guest that one source told us, "James stayed another hour-and-a-half after the taping and talked to every single student and fan who wanted to talk."

Our source noted, "No one has done that since Paul Newman ... the very first guest that ever appeared on the show."

But no one was more stoked than the girls who wouldn't stop screaming throughout the entire event -- in fact, the lady fans were so loud ... James Lipton stopped the interview, and said, "17 years filming this show and I've never heard a sound like that before."

Flying Blind

i've actually never heard of the guy, but i don't watch movies or scripted TV.

racing, music, late night talk shows (he may have been on a talk show and i just didn't notice him.)

Alexa

Facial hair is gross!

Mr Baxter

Lauren

"James Franco is the best young actor today. I'm glad to see people are appreciating the man."

Um, let's see here. No? NO he's not. And how has everyone forgiven him for that awful "incident" a couple of years ago? If you don't know what I'm talking about, just google "James Franco Gay" and I'm pretty sure you'll quickly understand what I'm referring to. He needs to go away!

Holly

I thought he looked the part of a junkie in 'City by the Sea', but he played the scene where he's high on Heroin very badly. He looked more like he was on pot.

Who gives a F about mel gibson?

James Franco!! What a doll!! I love when they really do appreciate their fans!! Total Class Act!!

Holly

@Who gives a F about mel gibson?

I love your user name!!!! I couldnt agree more!!

Anon

I met James a while ago at a movie premiere and agree with this article. He was super friendly to EVERY fan that approached him and mingled with the audience without any pretentiousness. He is a class act guy. Instead of rushing out like most actors, he stuck around and genuinely chatted with people. He was polite, friendly, and very charming

Dave

I have no idea who this guy is. I've never seen him in anything before.

J

He is an arrogant person and he likes guy, as far as an actor he suck, big time. Here I've sad it!

betsy

this guy maybe a D list actor, but he is no way a D list guy. He just finished from one of the best filmming schools in the nation, picks his projects carefully, and not taking any role for the money. maybe you're all getting the D list actor mixed up with D list movies...his acting is so good no matter what role or type of movie.

to me, he's an A list star, and probably move up your scorecard with his up and coming movies...there's oscar buzz for the movie about the hiker. i can see him becoming people's most sexy in the next few years.

cari

UGHH. REALLY? I think someone is exaggerating or taking something out of context. Otherwise the 'industry professionalS' were payed by his publicist to scurry for tickets and the rest have a case of LOWERED EXPECTATIONS. He sucks at acting and was even out acted (by a mile) by a bunch of Soap Opera actors. He is also a crazy as a barrel of....well, anything! And "one source" (his publicist) comparing him to Paul Newman should be criminal or constitute a 51/50. Maybe he was one of Lipton's boy toys in the day. Makes a helluva lot more sense than your 'story'!

brassring

He was a D=lister till he told the world he loves to jackoff, now that's all people see is a guy with his **** in his hand. STROKE IT BABY......

kaitlin

whatever it is, he's got it in spades. he's a real original personality and talent. couldn't stand that whole james dean thing he was strapped with at first. great that he did some comedy. he is just such an original talent.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Can you blame them? I'd scream too. He's SUPERFOXY!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments