Leslie Nielsen

Dies

11/29/2010 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Legendary funny man Leslie Nielsen died today of complications of pneumonia in a hospital near his home in Fort Lauderdale, this according to his agent. He was 84.

Leslie Nielsen Dead
His agent tells TMZ Nielsen passed surrounded by his wife and friends at about 5:34 PM ET.

Nielsen was best known for his roles in "Airplane" and the "Naked Gun" series. His "Airplane" co-star, Barbara Billingsley, passed away last month.

Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.
Rumack: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it?
Rumack: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

112810_remembering_leslie_nielson_v1

Previous 15 Comments | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

JONATHAN YASKOFF

I HAD THE PLEASURE OF KNOWING "LESLIE NIELSEN".
WE WORKED TOGETHER ON "NAKED GUN 33 AND 1/3".

I WAS SADDENED TO HEAR OF HIS PASSING.
THE MAN WAS A COMEDIC GENIUS.
HE KNEW HOW TO KEEP US ALL LAUGHING.
I HAVE WONDERFUL MEMORIES OF HIM AND HIS WIFE AT "PIA ZADORA"S HOUSE.

MY HEART GOES OUT TO HIS LOVELY WIFE BARBAREE AND FAMILY.
I WILL ALWAYS CHERISH THE FUN TIMES I HAD WORKING W LESLIE NIELSEN.

JONATHAN YASKOFF

jesus von

mi god i wassin´t know till i see the lame academy awards the dies a great man born´s a legend rip

Atruefan

Master Nielsen was one of a kind. Quick witted and very funny. But unknown to some, he was also a talented serious actor. Also a very kind and loving gentleman. He is in great company now with the true comedy greats. Also in these times even God needs a laugh or two. God bless, and condolences to family. See you in the next life..!!

Ariella Kosovic

Omg.. no :(

AJ Scott-Giovanni

What a handsome and talented individual. If only I could be as lovely and healthy as him when I reach 84 (IF!). Geez! he was 30 yrs old when I was born...I'm actually watching him right now on Alfred Hitch**** Presents...all of my favorites are almost gone. I will be to, soon! C'est la vie. I will really miss Leslie and Barbara Billingsly, for sure! I grew up with them. Lot's of laughs and memories!!!

Randy Scouse Git

I'm sorry Harvey you are having a bad time with this. It doesn't need to be said, everyone automatically knows it. Howard Stern should be locked up for the death celebrity curse whenever he takes vacation. Granted he's always on vacation but it's still a curse.

Randy Scouse Git

Sorry, somebody posted this as a recent story. I thought he already passed.

Previous 15 Comments | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21