Leslie Nielsen

Dies

11/29/2010 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Legendary funny man Leslie Nielsen died today of complications of pneumonia in a hospital near his home in Fort Lauderdale, this according to his agent. He was 84.

Leslie Nielsen Dead
His agent tells TMZ Nielsen passed surrounded by his wife and friends at about 5:34 PM ET.

Nielsen was best known for his roles in "Airplane" and the "Naked Gun" series. His "Airplane" co-star, Barbara Billingsley, passed away last month.

Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.
Rumack: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it?
Rumack: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

112810_remembering_leslie_nielson_v1

GG

Thank you for years of laughter, Mr. Nielsen.

jann

My very first "date" we went to see the movie Airplane. At 16 I thought the movie was fantastic... he will be missed.

Anniel Hernandez

Strike Threeeeeee hey hey hey hey!!!!! You will be missed brother!!!!!! R.I.P

s belwraaith

yea, leslie nielsen was a hilarious comic actor

but i will always remember him as the dramatic, and romantic, leading man in one of the greatest sci fi movies ever made.....forbidden planet

KansasGirl

He sure could deliver comedy with such a straight face. I will miss him.

pjm

*RIP*

JMJ

He made me laugh so much. RIP Shirley, we love you.

JMJ

He made me laugh so much. RIP Shirley, we love you.

emerald

Aww, this is so sad, Leslie Nielsen was so funny and the way he could keep a straight face while delivering hilarious lines was awesome. I loved the Naked Gun films, Airplane, and when I was watching one of the old series of Mission Impossible (series 1 or 2) there he was again in a straight role lol!
I had no idea you were 84 Mr Nielsen, it never showed, but thank you for all of the years of fun, you will be sorely missed. R.I.P May peace and comfort be with your family at this sad time.

soyled mydget pantaloons

Canada will miss you Leslie. I remember sitting with my grandparents watching the Naked Gun movies with them when I was growing up.

KC

Beloved Canadian Actor, given the Order of Canada in 2002, younger brother of Eric Nielsen(1924–2008), who was Deputy Prime Minister of Canada during the 1980s.

Will be greatly missed.

So long Shirley!

cheryl

Noooooooo!!!!! :*(

gutsygirl

Barbara Billingsley, Tom Bosley, Leslie Nielson...all the good ones are leaving us...

Rosalie Gripp

Sorry to hear about Leslie Neilson. Just saw him in Forbiden Planet not too long ago. He'll be missed.

Marilyn

Canada and the world have lost one of the greats. He was truly a class act that will long be admired for his range of work. RIP, Mr. Nielsen. May your family take solice in the knowledge you were loved and respected.