Audio Expert: Britney Recording Was 'Manipulated'

12/2/2010 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A highly-respected audio expert tells TMZ ... Jason Alexander's recording of the woman he claims is Britney Spears "has been electronically stepped on."

1201_britney_EX_TMZ_01

Tom Owen of OWL Investigations, and Chairman of the Audio Engineering Society Standards Committee of Forensic Audio, tells TMZ, the tape was "doctored" to such a severe extent, there's no way to conduct a meaningful voice-recognition test.

Owen says the tape has been "stepped on at least 3 times." With noise reduction, equalization and removal of voice qualities such as natural timbre, sibilance and tonal qualities, it's impossible to determine whether Britney's voice is on the tape.

Owen says Britney has a "very vanilla voice" and that with manipulation it wouldn't be that difficult to make someone sound like her.

say what?

Oxy and Jason must use the same recorder!

JLS

No surprise here. Jason Trawick ought to lawyer up at once. I have a feeling he won't have to though. I'd bet the conservatorship is going to do something real quickly.

JLS

I must say that this particlar expert has quite the credentials. Wow! He should KNOW.

JLS

If Jason Alexander is smart-yeah, I know-he would immediately own up to this being a farse.

He has no assets to attach but Radaronline does. It's time somebody kicked American Media, parent company for Star Mag and Radaronline.com, right in the balls.

They knowingly lie every day with multiple posts.

Fidel's niece

Ok$$$ana, tape tampering -
"right up your alley", lol?

Jackie

I don't understand why some women feel the need to have a man, any man, just to feel like a woman, especially when they have young kids.
Screw all that!!
Simply, go buy yourself a nice comfortable chaise lounge, a couple of good books, a snuggie, some bottles of chardonnay and a spill proof wine glass (after the kids are asleep, of course, if you have any) then just call it a life!!!!
Posted at 1:14 AM on Dec 2, 2010 by WillOTheWisp

I applause for you on this....Enough said.

dano

I just heard the "Britney" tape and it is sooooooo obvious that is not her ...... this is just a story to fill space now.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

why is she datering that old bald guy geroge in seinfeld..good for him bad for her

S.D.W.

Why so heavy with the denials? Because Jason's as guilty as sin? Damn straight! His face and Britney's face says it all. They're both screwed up individuals. Oh, Harvey drop the crap about the voice expert. No one believes him. It's probably just another guy on payroll attempting to quiet things down. Good try. It amazes me the how far Britney's side is taking things even though they insist nothing happened. Nothing good ever comes from telling lies. They've been exposed and it's not a surprise.

ketjo

Shame on you Harvey,
Your Oxshanna trick pony is about run to dead so you go and pull out Brittneys poor old nag..........

I can fake Brittneys southern draw(accent) better then who ever make that tape.

Besides the fact where in the hell is it the right for any gossip rag to publish private conversations weather taped or not without the consent of all parties involed !!!!!

In plain english "It ain't none your your GD business !!!"

So go chase after one of you hollywood famewhores looking for their 15 minutes of fame and leave this woman alone. You done helped hound her over the edge one time ain't that enough for you ????

Phreaky

It's her - and now the backtracking begins.
I think she said it all, but was lying. Now she's caught and oops!
Just like drama queens that exaggerate and lie.

me not you

I hope she sues that turd and Star and Radar for posting this. Amazing what sociopaths will do for money, especially when it's so easy for them to get caught lying. I knew it wasn't her voice after 2 seconds.

me not you

I love how everyone here is so quick to defend Britney but not Oxsana when it's so clear that the tapes of Mel Gibson were real - those were HIS words calling her filthy names and HIS threats to kill her coming out of HIS mouth. You people are pathetic woman-haters.

Sherms

One question...why do all of the tabloid/pap sites always choose the stupid looking pictures? Seriously. Is it to be "funny?" I just don't get it. This is the best picture you have of Britney? Sorry...just not understanding the logic behind any of these sites that pick the worst pictures in their files.

Wiley

Well, did anyone read the article. The tape has been stepped on 3 times and there is no way to determine if it is Britney from the voice. Doesn't mean it isn't. I doubt Jason has the expertise to purposely do this. This expert did not say that content was edited so someone said those words as taped. They need to check her cell phone records. There's every chance that Britney actually made the call given the medications she's on and her mental state. We'll just have to see if they really do sue.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments