Mel Gibson's Church -- Shutting Down Mass Services

12/9/2010 2:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's mega church is putting the brakes on all congregational services because of a picture that was taken on church grounds this weekend and then passed on to TMZ.

0910_media_removed_H#D2D7F0
Sources connected with the church tell us ... Gibson was "extremely concerned about the invasion of privacy." One source adds, "He is not just concerned that photos of his daughter were taken at the church, he is concerned for the privacy of his parishioners."

Members of the Holy Family Chapel in Agoura, CA received an email notice from church honchos yesterday which read, "There will be no Masses here at Holy Family Chapel until further notice."

Our sources tell us, however, that limited services will continue to be provided. In fact, a service was conducted yesterday -- the Holy Day of Obligation  -- for long term parishioners.

antbabs

It probably doesn't mean anything but I checked the family court docket for D/82. There are 13 matters on calendar today (even provides names but of course not Grigorieva/Gibson for probably privacy reasons for snoops, lol). I wonder if they bring in another judge to cover those matters while Judge Gordon holds this matter in another private courtroom??? Hmm, I wonder what's going on..

Belinda

Deafening silence from both Harvey AND the trolls.

I wonder WHY??????

Praying for Mel and Lucia!!!

Posted at 10:16 AM on Dec 15, 2010 by ohreally
______________________________________________________

How true ohreally ... even the trolls are silent!

Midwesterner

@MAC: no problem

Why no news? Hmmm. Did the judge have the power/will to clear away the paparazzi? I have no doubt he instructed Ox and company to use the underground parking entrance that Mel and his attorneys always have used, but you would think there would be a "court is in session" non-story story at least. Ditto if for some reason the hearing has been canceled.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Frieda you out there?

Have you seen anything on TV, hear anything on the radio?

Maybe the date was changed and we don't know it?

framed-heart

Maybe the pictures of Lucia getting out were the last straw and the Judge has muzzled TMZ? Can he do that?

Majestik

Well, this is very depressing. We wait for news and not even a "They arrived in court" post.

antbabs

@Sam. I was listening earlier and heard nothing. Another new round of news coming on and I'll stay tuned. I rarely hear any mention of them..

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Oooo thanks antbabs!

I didn't relize you were on the coast too. Good to know.

Genna

Hi everyone...

I'm starting to feel as though we're all imprisoned on this board, or we have all been ostracized for some reason.

Still no new stories. I am now convinced TMZ has been given instructions from legal-corporate to pull back for some reason.

Even the trolls aren't here. Hmmmm....

Belinda

What was supposed to be discussed today in court?

I know one of them was Oksana and her interview with LK, and one of them was Mel asking for full custody for 6 months.

What else???

Genna

Hi Belinda...

What about Eric George?

Curious

Well, I learned 2 new things today.
1. The slice of bread thing - very cool, though dough never lasts very long around here.
2. Sometimes you really DO need to lightly grease the pan. Bugger.

Tell -
Laughing my fookin' arse off over Donna Reed plotting thing.

MAC -
Ah, the twisted mind of Dame Agatha.
Though you're right, I prefer a bat with nails in. =D

TMZ -
WE'RE WAITING!

Frieda

@Sam I'm waiting with everyone else but also trying to get Christmas stuff done. Nope, nothing on the news - total media blackout? Maybe it's a good question for Harvey on TMZlive.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Hi Frieda.

Maybe we don't have the right date? Maybe we don't have the right time? (afterall we ASS U ME D the time would be 10.)

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

We could use V--wasn't it V that knew how to pull up the docket itself?

Previous 15 Comments | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments