MJ's Neverland Ride Knows the Way to San Jose

12/9/2010 10:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch "Balloon Samba" ride has turned up in San Jose.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan1
An amusement company bought the ride from Neverland and rents it out to fairs and carnivals around the country.

Now everyone can get a ride ... courtesy of Michael.

mymjj5

Now everyone can get a ride ... courtesy of Michael.
____________________________________________________________
THe company purchased the Balloon Samba but did they purchase the rights to use MJ's name along with it? Knowing how much MJ came to hate Neverland and everyhting associated with the property why would he sell the rights to use his name along with memories or memoribilia he wanted to get away from. Does this company pay the estate a fee to use MJ's name as some sort of celebrity endorsement? Does Branca/Mcclain approve of this? Just awful!!!

MyMonkies

This ride was at our local fair. I can say that I didn't find anyone who thought it was neat that it was an old Michael ride. Personally, I found it to be a rather tacky selling point.

sean

If the estate lawyers were smart as they appear to be they should quickly purchase all the former rides and attractions from Neverland and keep them together as 'the sum is of the whole is worth more than the pieces'.They will be glad they did when years from now one of the children wants to re-live the early days of their dad and has to pay millions for the items if they don't get lost or destroyed by then..

sean

Sorry, The sum of the whole is worth more then the pieces.In other words it has more value being kept together as to protect the MJ legacy.and someday like 30 years from know like John Lennon he will have a Graceland,Strawberry Fields,or a Neverland2040

nan

I think it would be pretty cool to ride on this & wonder if my fanny was sitting where Michaels fanny may have sat. Yep, that would be alright:)

Posted at 7:41 AM on Dec 9, 2010 by janalal4

i was thinking the same thing...:)

mymjj5

Posted at 9:21 AM on Dec 9, 2010 by sean
_____________________________________________________________
Great point!

But I have to disagree. I think the executors should obtain everything out there associated with neverland and destroy it. the jacksons will build the michael jackson museum/arena/theater etc and that will be tribute enough along with his awards from around the world and some personal items too. thumbs down on anything associated with Neverland aka "Sick"-a-more Valley Ranch. (JMO).

LAWRENCE

I wonder if they are going to charge fifteen million per ride or is that just the amount they will pay in settlement fees after you deny riding it?

walax

wow that must be the ride to be on!!!

nan

By the way poster 7 (Cali MJ Fan). Before you go running your face about things educate yourself, for an MJ fan you surely do not know the facts. One case never made it to trial , Micheal gave them money and usually when a person decides to give someone money to avoid going to court it usually means the person is guilty and there is to much evidence against him in the case to where he is afraid he is going to be declared guilty.

Posted at 8:17 AM on Dec 9, 2010 by chrissy

may i suggest u educate yourself. i can tell from your post that not only are u clueless as to the cir***stances of that particular case or the 2005 trial also as it was all explained in the transcripts so as a six year old could understand it, but u seem to know nothing about the court system in general..
michael was found innocent in a court of law on ten felony counts and four hail mary misdemeanor counts the judge threw in to save face for the prosecution. they got nothing .a clean sweep and vindication for the man..he was innocent..
please do not perpetuate ignorance when u clearly have not looked at any of the facts

janalal4

Posted at 9:21 AM on Dec 9, 2010 by sean
_____________________________________________________________
Great point!

Posted at 9:47 AM on Dec 9, 2010 by mymjj5

I really do not agree that MJ 'hated' Neverland & in fact stated that "Neverland IS Michael Jackson & I will never sell it". He pulled a deal out at the 13th hour in order to keep it. Don't think he would do that if he hated & wanted to be rid of it. I think he was no doubt conflicted about it but was perhaps maybe waiting it out to see if those ill feelings over the raid might one day subside in his memory. He had plenty of opportunity to be rid of it but he held onto it. Had to be a reason for that. The only thing that made Neverland 'sick' was the idea planted in the public's psyche over what Neverland WAS & what it WASN'T. Were I MJ, I would NEVER have let those bastards drive me from my home but he was a much more sensitive soul obviously. I would love to see Neverland preserved if for no other reason than a nice little 'F'k YOU' to Sneddon & all his little minions.

Mary

WOW... TMZ. That joke is Not funny! F*ck YOU Harvey! And your Sick twisted Staff! You guys are douche bags.

Chelsea

I wanna Go on a MJ ride! Hahaha ;)
Love you Michael. x

mymjj5

______________________________________________________________
Hi Janalal4
I remember MJ going on the record and stated that Neverland was tainted and that he'd never live there again. We all know that 72 police officers raided his former home and left it in shambles. I say good bye and good riddance to the demonic dumping ground for freeloaders.

janalal4

______________________________________________________________
Hi Janalal4

Posted at 11:16 AM on Dec 9, 2010 by mymjj5

Actually he made BOTH statements; the one you quote & the one I quoted. YET....he had an opportunity to dump it but moved heaven & earth to prevent foreclosure. Perhaps he would have never 'lived there again' but I also believe him when he expressed the sentiment of "Neverland IS Michael Jackson". As I said, he kept it obviously for some reason. Truth is, it's only tainted if you allow the fact that there was a bogus police raid that took place there to color your perspective. I'd have said "Screw you, ya done"?? Then I would have moved right back in there.

dennis in sac

This is such old news... must be a slow day TMZ. I was on these rides at the 2009 California State fair. Boring!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments