« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Brett Favre -- Streak Ends at 297

12/13/2010 8:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Brett Favre will not be the starting quarterback for his football team tonight -- for the first time in more than 18 YEARS!

1213_brett_favre_TMZ_BN
Favre's record-setting consecutive starts streak will end at 297 games thanks to a shoulder injury he suffered last week against the Buffalo Bills.

Favre's record is pretty safe ... for now ... the closest active player is Peyton Manning at 205 consecutive games.

Some perspective? Miley Cyrus was not alive the last time Brett didn't start.

Oh, and the answer to the trivia question: Arthur Moats -- the Bills player who tackled and injured Favre ... thereby ending the streak.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Carl

Almost made it to the finish line perfect on starts (assuming he really does retire this time). Oh well, it was a good run.

Eric

Finally a Bills player does something right. He was interviewed today about what do you think about possibly ending Brett Favre's start streak? Throughout the whole interview he had the biggest smile on his face. It was great streak and it had to end at some point

AcesNEights

NOOOOOOOOOO! Brett we love you!! Get rid of that loser bench warming numb nuts Hank Baskett case!

tmz reader

who cares?
desperate old tired loser freak

656

brett, as a raiders fan you have more respect from me than any other player in NFL history. 18, years... no one will touch that record ever. you are a first ballet HOFer and the best QB in NFL history. joe who? john who? dan who? in NFL lore, when you think of QB, you will think of favre

Herbie

damn, I was hoping he would play tonight just so the Giants could bury him on the field so we wouldn't have to hear about him anymore.

Ginger

Ride off into the sunset and take your ugly old pecker with ya.

Osopolar

Thank GOD.. Good by drama Queen....

dumas1000

What about Brett Far-veh?

dumas1000

I told you. I'm a Steve Young fan.

winniewins

Brett Favre- streak ends at 297. Penis ends at 2 inches.

diogenes

Mr. Favre, you should have stayed retired. Now you will fade from the NFL, an injured man with a stupid scandal marring your past accomplishments

LAWRENCE

One of Favre's greatest highlights has to be Favre not giving Sterger a dime. I hope Favre has taught the rest of the world that you should not kowtow to legal blackmail.

Stacy

As a Packer fan, I still have many thanks to give to Brett. He has been a toal joy to watch play ball for all these years. I watched him with the Jets and with the Vikings. Didn't matter to me, I just love to watch him play! All the haters can now go find someone else to hate and wish ill. All I can say is THANK YOU BRETT, YOU ARE THE BEST AND ALWAYS WILL BE!!!

Wisco Girll

It's been a great ride Brett! I wish you all the best!! Hopefully you can finish out the season and go home and make it right with Deanna, enjoy your lives together now and NEVER pay Skanko Sterger a dime! RESPECT #4, forever!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments