Miley Cyrus & Salvia

'I'll Have

What She's Having'

12/13/2010 12:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Miley Cyrus is now the inadvertent celebrity endorser of salvia -- because ever since that video of her smoking a bong full of it came out ... we're told sales of the herbal drug are sky high.

Salvia Divinorum
According to people who deal, legally, in salvia divinorum ... sales have increased since Friday -- in some cases up to 3 times the usual tally.

TMZ spoke with several head shops in the Los Angeles area and we're told -- not only have sales jumped -- but many of the customers specifically asked for "the stuff Miley was smoking." No ... mentioning Miley did not get them a discount.

While Miley's experimentation is generating curiosity in the hallucinogen -- one smoke shop employee tells us, "Salvia is one of those things that you only try once because it is so intense."

Another impact of the Miley video -- as we reported -- is renewed discussion about banning salvia in California. It is already illegal in 15 states.

1213_miley_cyrus_footer

Johnny Rocket

Don't you think TMZ has something to do with the increase in sales?? I mean, if you hadn't broadcasted it....

mannequin

I'm sure for a price she'll endorse the product.

Mrs. Parker

I liked this young lady until now. I have an impressionable 10 yr old daughter that loves her. Once she saw her on tv smoking, she became confused on why Miley would do such a thing. At least, for now, my 10 yr old daughter knows better.

KILLAH ZUSE

thanks for destroying the weed business

Stupid People Hater

She just fast tracked that drug into becoming illegal. I bet a lot of dealers are going to be upset with her.

me

I've seen someone after smoking salvia and that stuff totally fries your brain. If she keeps it up she won't know what her name is in a year. Just what we need - another LiLo. Became a celebrity too young and doesn't know how to act right.

daja2k796

hey wasn't that miley getting on willie nelson tour bus.i'm pretty sure it was on bus route 420

Holly

I read several comments where fans dropped her because of their disappointment, but I didn’t read any bong supporters say they'll now go to a Milie Cyrus concert.

Scott

My FanSwarm portfolio likes that you make the news all the time, but I would prefer it if your news was happier!

redconfetti

Thats pretty cool!

Jane

Can we consider that Miley is just being arrogant? She's rich and powerful and knows it. The drinking, the drugs, the tweets, the tattoos, the nudity? She does it because she can and nobody stops her. This is how Lindsey started. They are insulated from the rules by their "people".

D Wayne

Hannah, er, Miley, er Destiny Hope, whatever your name is (let's just call you the daughter of that country dude that had a mullet, but now has a Jennifer Aniston hair cut), you should be in the next Jay & Silent Bob movie. That is if Kevin Smith can put down a SAMMITCH!

Annie

Gee Miley, you've opened up a whole new fan-base...who would have thought that was gonna happen :P

Sylvia

More importantly, what's up with her teeth?!

Katie

Why don't you quit doing stories on that little piece of trash. She is a bad influence on kids, and you ought to be ashamed for promoting her outrageous behavior. Maybe the parents out to get together and sue her, and all of you who make her into an icon. She is nothing but garbage. None of her trash with her picture on it is allowed in any of my children's home that has kids. Quit buying her garbage, and they will quit making her a daily news feature.