Rip Torn Pleads Guilty in Bank Break-In Case

12/14/2010 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rip Torn pled guilty today to charges stemming from that incident back in January where he broke into a Connecticut bank while drunk and armed. Ah, the good ol' days ...

1214-rip_torn_tmz_BN
Torn pled guilty to a litany of charges: reckless endangerment, criminal trespass, criminal mischief and the illegal carrying of a firearm.

He was given a 2 1/2-year suspended sentence and three years of probation.

Torn was arrested at the Litchfield Bancorp in Salisbury, CT after police say they found Torn "with a loaded revolver" and he was "highly intoxicated."

FruitSalad

since when do you try and rob a bank and dont get jail time ?

the double standards of todays justice system makes me sick.

Soiled Midget Panties

I wonder if he'll get 'Rip/Torn' in prison?

big ball

This is one lucky prick. It is true that he is old and means no harm to others, however, a younger person who isn't as famous and with no ill will, would have gotten some time if he or she had done all the crap Rip torn did!!!

If sense were common everyone would have it.

"I ain't crazy & I ain't a guy"!

"Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No, but it's sterile & I like the taste"!

LAWRENCE

I'm appauled. Do you know how many people are in jail who robbed a bank let alone robbed a bank while in possession of a loaded gun. Is this a joke? This should be immediately reviewed and that judge should be fired at once. Sorry but what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Are you kidding me?

Ed U Cator

IIRC He wasn't trying to rob the bank, he was so drunk that he thought the bank was his home. The police found him asleep inside.

Nostradamus

Hey idiots, he didn't try to rob anybody. Ol' Rip got so ripped on his whiskey he thought this bank was his home. Sounds crazy till ya see a pic of the bank, it looks like a house, hard to believe it is a bank. In his stupor he thought he was breaking into his own home, which usually isn't a crime. He was packing heat though.

graz

You haven't partied til you've partied with Rip Torn!

Molotov

Yeah... good old Rip. He wasn't robbing the bank, as stated above, he was just on a bender, Rip Torn style.

Keep on keepin' on, Rip. Tough old SOB.

Pat

I love this guy, but once again I don't believe justice was served, just more of the "Star" treatment. I wonder what sentence a normal Joe would have received.

Ginger

Now this is just sad. I remember when he was an exciting actor. Yeah, that was long ago but it's just sad he ended up like this.

Moe Green

Seems like he has a nice life now! Nothing wrong with a bender! He seems happy but even if he is not happy it does not matter because he's rich. Rich people don't need to be happy, they are rich.

JLS

He thought he was going home to his house, you baffoons! The bank was in an actual house that looked similar to his AND he was drunk. He took nothing out of the bank. After decades of drinking he went to rehab, got sober for the first time in decades, and moved on with a much better life. This judge probably realized he shouldn't be jailed. I don't think so either.

So much for a bunch of slugs posting here knowing the details of anything, huh? Oh go ahead and post something mean and/or stupid. Sheesh.

bebefj123

Wow, TI gets jail time, JaRule gets 2 years for suspended license/tag and carrying a fire arm in his car, Lil wayne gets jail time on weapons charges because a gun was found during a search, this dude breaks into a bank armed and no jail time. Lindsay gets rehab, Paris gets off for drug possession, Charlie Sheen avoids jail, Helio castroneves gets off from his tax issues while Wesley Snipes gets jail. All this is BS. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, NAACP, marches on Washigton, picketing, etc, where are you. This blatant racism BS needs to be heard in the supreme court!

TheMachine1

Cool I hope to see him in Men in Black III.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments