Miley Cyrus:

I Was Just Having Fun

12/15/2010 9:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Miley Cyrus is telling her friends ... the bong video published by TMZ is no big deal.

Miley Cyrus Bong Video
Miley, who has taken a lot of heat since TMZ posted the story that she was smoking salvia, has been saying, she's just young and having fun ... this, according to friends in direct contact with her.

Miley acknowledged she's seen the TMZ story and also knew it was going to eventually surface.  As TMZ first reported, Miley's camp was trying to bury the incident by scooping up copies of the video.

One friend put it this way:  "Miley doesn't care. She's filming her movie and getting on with her life."

Jenna

To be honest. I don't hate her or anything.
But I have lost alot of respect for her.

patti sullivan

Miley doesn't care, because she is an arrogant, entitled little out of control twit like Lindsanity. She's already gone. And you dumb people who think dabbling in drugs isn't dangerous? You don't know what you are saying! There is NOTHING more hazardous in this life than using dope, and "dabbling" is a very serious step in the wrong direction! Trust me. I'm a doctor!

Googie

Good, she doesn't care and neither do a lot of her fans who won't be going to see her movies or buy her music. If you think about it, that's about all she can say it's no big thing & that she is moving on. Actually she goofed, but there's nothing she can do. She's just hoping that her fans will forget how idiotic she looked in video & will continue to follow her.

L. Robertson

She doens't care! Well I care. My 9 year old daughter adores her. And so do alot of other kids. Nice role model for my daughter. She is banned from my house effective immediately!

sPaNkDeNALgAs

THAT LITTLE DOODOO-HEAD NEEDS TO DISAPPEAR, ASAP.

I hope I never happen to come across her cause I'm gonna let her have an earful...........

Moe Green

It's no big deal? Really. She's in denial. She's filming a film with the untalented fat ugly only a mother could love Kelly Osbourne. So she's too busy to care about her ending up like Lohan. Should be a fun few years at TMZ. She was given a total pass before she was 18. Now she's a legitimate target.

tb

nobody even cares about her any more haha shes nothing

chris

TMZ, who are these "friends" you speak of? What are their names? How do you know they are "friends"? What kind of "contact" are they in with Miley Cyrus? How do you know you can trust that what they say is true? And, finally, where did you get your journalism degrees? Which mail-order "university" is your Alma Mata?

Snidly

Kevin-good point!,The Beatles had more talent on the end of their baby finger than Miley does in her whole body.Does Miley even play an instrument? Just asking.I know she tries to sing.I've heard her lipsyncing on tv. Rubber Soul,Revolver,Sgt. Pepper,Abbey Road,the White Album all classics.Mileys bong;now thats classic!I think I just find her speaking voice very irratating,(hickish)could be me,maybe I'm wrong.

Buzz

Its not about the DRUG its about the HIGH.
That is How Drug Addicts Start. They say "I am only having Fun getting HIGH". Then a Fun High, turns into I need to Feel that More and MOre.
And in the Business she is in, She will Definetly need More of the that HIGH feeling. And by the looks of it, she already Looked High before she even hit the bong.
She said one time, she didn't need Drugs, cause she was SOOO Above it. TMZ find that Old Video, its Out there....LOL

sPaNkDeNALgAs

great, first she'll experiment with drugs, next she's gonna have a girlfriend........... you happy with your creation, Billy Ray???

RY

Want to see how Miley "doesn't affect" others just go to twitter and search "try salvia" and you'll see that not just young teens but even the adults are talking about trying it too.

I don't care about Miley being a role model or not, but it's pretty clear she is great for Salvia advertisement. I'm pretty sure most of the people who first read this article knew nothing about it before reading.

chris

@patti sullivan, here's a fact for you: doctors are the cause of much more drug addition than experimenting 18-year olds are. How did Rush Limbaugh become a junkie? If you were at all knowledgeable about the statistics of drug use you would know that a great majority of people try out drugs when they are teenagers yet a great majority does not grow up to be addicts. It's "doctors" like you who are causing people to lose all trust in the medical profession. Not all medical doctors are idiots who spout off without first checking their facts, but enough do that it is becoming a major problem. Legitimate doctors don't go into hysterics over teenage experimentation and they don't make wild unsubstantiated claims. And finally, Lindsay Lohan has serious mental illness and addiction problems that she is being treated for. A legitimate doctor wouldn't call her "Lindsanity" or a twit. In my opinion, you are as bad as Dr. Drew.

Scotty

It was pot, she's an exhibitionist, she called her lawyers, and it turned into salvia. Right!

andrew22

TMZ, your story doesn't make sense. Why would Miley have invited the girl who made the video to travel with her to New Orleans just to send her home the day the video leaked if her people knew the video was going to leak? Care to elaborate?
I think you're just trying to protect the person that sold Miley out. But that doesn't work. Because why should some college student sell you the video and tell you it was a legal drug. They would have told you it is pot, and got a better payday. Whoever sold you the video was there in the room and is trying to stay out of legal trouble. Have a good day.