George Lopez: I'm Running for Mayor of L.A.!

12/21/2010 2:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

George Lopez says he's gonna run for mayor of Los Angeles in eight years ... background check willing!

Lopez made the big announcement on FOX's "Good Day L.A." this morning -- saying, "If Arnold Schwarzenegger can be governor ... why can't George Lopez be the mayor of Los Angeles?"

Fair point.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Obame

Run George Run, I am behind you 100%< I take a Mexican over an Asian, redneck, Jew or ****** anytime

CBT

George lopez hates white people!!! Watch his stand up routines with a spanish speaker and ask them what he is saying....They won't tell you, ask them why....

yippeeskippee

Oh boy... Lopez is so incredibly racist towards white people that its not funny. California has enough problems and since he admitted during his stand up show that he likes to drink every night. I'm thinking NO. He'll never get my support. Bragging about his ties to the "Brother's White House" and getting tacos made by the Latino staff there didn't impress me. Pride for Mexico is one thing.. being a jackwad is another. Lopez shouldn't have a kids program on Nick because of his racist attitude and I'd like to know how the HELL he has a kids program anyway. I won't be letting my kids watch. I was disgusted to see St. Jude using him as a spoke's person for their children's charity. I think his pedophile and child molestation jokes are DISGUSTING... just like him. St. Jude needs to do some background research on their spoke's people. Find more upstanding Hispanics than that piece of crap. Don't believe me... waste your money on one of his so called funny stand up shows. He was bitter, nasty, racist, and disgusting. Boo Lopez.

Olschooljuggalo

Just what L.A. needs, a racially biased mayor. George Lopez makes no effort to hide his dislike for people of Caucasian(i.e. his comments about how Latinos run the U.S. and how Latinos are dying on the front lines of Iraq while the white people are in the back partying...) descent. Electing this man to office would have a negative impact on racial tensions in the greater L.A. area, I hope the people are smart enough to keep this guy out of office.

David Hernandez

You go George in LA, I'm in need of a double transplant. i live in Tucson AZ where the state legislature and Janet Brewer cut out transplants for a 100 transplant patients on ahcccs. please reply. lungs

michael hughes

this clown was against S B 1070 in Arizona and wanted to boycott the state - screw him and his big head

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5