Teena Marie Death -- No Illegal Drugs Found

12/27/2010 1:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

No illegal drugs were found at the home where singer Teena Marie's body was discovered yesterday ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Teena Marie Dead
We're told officials searched Teena's home in Pasadena , CA -- but only found some herbal medication -- and we're not talking marijuana.

We're told an autopsy and toxicology tests will be performed on her body later this week -- but so far, officials are leaning towards the theory that she died of natural causes.

As we previously reported, Teena -- once considered Rick James' protégée -- suffered a grand mal seizure just one month ago.

1227_remembering_teena_marie_footer

mary b

She died of natural causes??? What natural causes at the age of 54??? Something out of the ordinary happened and it is evident.. For Tina's sake, find the truth and it wasn't Natural Causes..

CloBird

RIP. Another star gone too soon.This was a shock.Teena Marie had been addicted to Vicodin on the past;she was totally undone by the premature death of former boyfriend,but still close friend,Rick James and relied on the prescription to dull the pain.She had successfully completed rehab.

Rotter

Who Dat??

MIDNIGHT TOKER

it says somehwere she was addicted to codine a few years ago,,maybe she never kicked the devil totally and was doing some midnight toking

newkemet

Rest in Peace Soul Sister. You were a part of my coming of age and for that you will always be in my memory. Square Biz!!!

Ted

...The End of Time...A short time ago..our Pastor's eldest son..about 30 years old and very close to his dad..was driving on the freeway..carrying out a task for his dad..he had asked Jesus to forgive his sins and accepted Christ's free gift of eternal life..years before.......The son was driving at about 60mph..in the slow lane..he looked down ..possibly to check his cell or pick up a bottle of water or tune radio...When he looked up..his car was about 2 seconds from a 50 ton paving machine..stopped in the lane......2 seconds later the son was standing before Jesus Christ in Heaven...with love and beauty beyond our imagination......... If he son had not accepted Christ...... 2 seconds later he would have been plunging through Outer Darkness...so dark it is felt ...screaming in agony and pain from the heat and knowledge that this was his new life...forever and ever ..no possible way of ever ending.........It's estimated that 100 Billion humans have lived since creation......For most of them..from conception..children..teens..young people..middle age and elderly....The End of The World has Already come..we dangle on a very thin string..with death constantly grabbing at us......Our Only Hope is Jesus Christ... with Life Forever in His Paradise that will Never end.

Jim Wright

Where's all the older Posts?

femonanon

Damn, I LOVE her.

lou

Geez, poor lady, she was still pretty young. How sad. RIP, Teena Marie.

Jim Wright

Found them. the Dummy! She had a kick ass voice in Jr High School. I got to sing & hear it close up.
The truth will come out.
Tony & Jerri Luv you XXOO

unreal

@killabro lol so busy trying to be *funny* you made yourself look stupid :) I love when that happens.

Superstarsteve

When no illegal drugs are found, is it really necessary to make it a headline in reference to a dead person? She's dead. You can stop now.

Raejean

Better an "Also Ran" than a Never Was, Itchy and Killabro! You two losers should know all about THAT degree of nothingness!

I honestly barely remember her myself, but I think it's sad she suffered from epilepsy and that she died so young. So my sincere condolences to her family, friends and real fans.

haha

This is so strange I was just listening to her the other night! I knew she would die eventually, I mean I'm only 23 so I knew I'd see it, but dang. It's weird. I hope her baby girl has good support around her. Now some of her songs will feel different...

richards

It is very dangerous to stop taking diazepines suddenly it can result in seizure. It is best to listen to your Doctor!!! That said,very sad to hear Tina Marie is gone. I heard her playing on the local not for profit radio station this morning and thought WTF they never play Tina Marie??? Then the bad news came.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments