Life-and-Death Decision for Zsa Zsa

1/6/2011 8:42 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband has to make a decision today that could determine whether Zsa Zsa lives or dies.

Zsa Zsa Gabor Death

Prince Frederic von Anhalt tells TMZ ... he has to decide whether to allow doctors to operate on his wife's leg -- which was badly infected because of a blood clot.

The docs have said putting the 93-year-old Zsa Zsa under anesthesia and operating is "very risky" ...  the doctors say there's less than a 50% chance she'd survive the procedure.

The Prince says the other option is continuing the antibiotics for the next 3 months.  The problem there -- the medication could destroy her kidneys.

Von Anhalt says he hasn't decided what to do, but he feels the pressure because a decision must be made by tomorrow AM.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Cali MJ Fan

How can 3 months of antibiotics degrade her kidneys? Seriously. I could see 3 months of steroids (which are destructive with long term use to kidneys) .. .but antibiotics? *scratches head*

Either way-- saying a few prayers for Ms. Zsa Zsa Gabor. She is a remarkable woman, and a treasure of my childhood (Green Acres).

Melanie

At that point I would hope my loved one would just pull the plug. No one should live like that. She lived a long and great life. My prayers go out to her and her family.

TMZ@Froggy.biz

Operating on a 93-year-old person sounds crazy. Not a hard choice.

P-town Girl

Umm I'm pretty sure that was Eva Gabor in Green Acres....

kim purdy

Von A Hole has been forgetting his Botox, with all of the Chaos!

get real

Big BIg decision.. Poor thing wont make it through the surgery longer than 2 weeks.

Physical Graffiti

Is she in a coma or mentally incompetent? Why can't she make her own decision about her own life? Don't even say "She's 93!!" My husband's grandmother was 98 when she passed and she could put all of us to shame with her mental capacity!

TXluvsMJ2

Either way she doesn't have much time. My Dad went with the amputation: had the surgery in December, passed away in January. Hard decision, I wish both of them the best.

get real

Ask Her ONLY Child Von A Hole... Let the Daughter make the decision.

FLSTF

Eva Gabor was in Green Acres. Eva was her sister that passed away in 1995.

maggie

Yes, it was Eva for Green Acres. This has got to be one of the hardest decisions to ever make. I will keep her in my prayers.

ms pessimistic

what a heartwrenching decision
either way doesnt seem she'll make it long
get the casket prepared prince

goodtail

No sense of her being in pain, I'd say operate and if she pulls thru good but if she passes from it then at least she won't be in pain anymore.

Phreaky

That's a terrible position to be in, and as crazy as he is, I think he really loves her. I feel bad for him.

Carl

Too bad the situation wasn't reversed. Not that Zsa Zsa didn't have her own issues, but I'd rather have her around than the "Prince".

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments