Mark Zuckerberg -- Modest Move

1/14/2011 4:54 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook and "Social Network" fame has made a big move -- into a 3,800 square foot rental in Palo Alto, CA.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan1
Zuckerberg, whose estimated worth is $7 billion, now has to walk just a few blocks to work.

The house has five bedrooms and four bathrooms, in case Sean Parker comes to visit. The home also has a tricked out security system.

Nice to see a 26-year-old who knows how to manage his money.

Jack

wonder if the landlord did a credit check.

Allison Ray

Facebook may be worth $7 billion but I don't think Mark Z is. He isn't very liquid. Am I right?
Hence the modest life style?

S.R.

Have you ever seen the price of a home in that area? This house may not be huge but I'm sure it's not cheap... most people who work in Palo Alto can't afford to actually live in Palo Alto.

Temi

Hi Mark,

I commend you for being so smart with your money. That's a really nice house. I hope you are safe there!. Soooo.... Since you have donated so much to school, May I have a few thousands of dollars to pay off my school loans and also get another car? doesnt have to be new lol... That will change my life. Im 24, full time mom, full time worker, & half time in school for my Masters at Drexel and in so much debt.. God help me..

Have a good day Mark :)

Deebs

Actually... that is really stupid. He is just wasting money renting a house. Basically flushing it down the toilet. He could buy a modest house and not live like a celebrity.

Bubbles The Chimp

The guy is a miser. What do you expect.

redcabotiger

Ya know... I love TMZ--heck, I waste as much time as anyone else on it--but... not even one week after those horrible shootings, it seems a little invasive of TMZ to be posting a pic of the dude's house. I'm sure no harm was meant--but this isn't exactly a gated compound and there are a lot of unbalanced wackos out there. Palo Alto is not really that big and I'm sure that someone who was highly motivated could find this house in a matter of hours. Just sayin....

R

Palo Alto is a great place and some comments here make it seem like a high crime area. Uh, no, it is just the opposite. And, even though that house is unpretentious looking, I'll bet it costs mucho dinero to rent it. Palo Alto is a very ritzy area and quite beautiful.

Homer

ALright, if he's worth 7 billion, and he lived to be 76, he could could afford to spend 14 million a day! So dude, build a bigger house and get a hotter girlfriend... or two... or three!

Tmmy Abrigg

Nice to see TMZ reveals where a guy lives and how much he is worth! Bunch of wannabe douchebags!

ucistu

dumb move. why rent a house when you can buy it and save a few dollars come tax time.

Rachel Rothechild

It is called an image repair. He has become other. He has enough money to know to shut his mouth if he wants to keep his money. People are finding out that their personal information have been sold to corporations so they can advertise to us and our information has been given to the U.S. Govt.
He giving away money in Newark means nothing. It is a tax write off. That Newark mayor hmmm...... His name will appear again. Wait!

kickaboo

TMZ getting as crass as ROL. People cannot win in this world, damned if you do, damned if you don't. TMZ and ROL stirs the pot (and the hate), they sure do.

R.J

Looks like a cheap ass house. My house is much bigger than that crap.

alisemaria

I grew up in that area. Palo Alto is a beautiful university town (Stanford) right in the middle of Silicon Valley. I'm guessing that house cost close to 2 million. Very cool place to live. Good choice!!