MJ Soundalike -- I Sang Songs on New 'Michael' Album

1/16/2011 12:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A guy who once fooled the public into thinking a song of his was really sung by Michael Jackson is claiming he sang a few of the songs on the new "Michael" album  ... and not MJ.

0116_jason_malachi_2_ex

Back in 2007, a song called "Mamacita" made the rounds ... with people thinking it was a new MJ track. Turned out it was done by a guy named Jason Malachi, who sounded just like the King of Pop.

Today, Malachi took to his Facebook page and made this claim:

"Sheesh guys, I guess it's time to confess. I've lied to many people, including someone today, but.... It was me. It was me who sang Breaking News, Keep Your Head Up, Monster and Stay.

"I had a agreement with the record company, but now the cat is out of the bag. Sorry to all my fans, and fellow Michael Jackson fans."

Check out Jason's most recent work below ... gotta admit, kinda MJ-esque.

Calls to Sony have not yet been returned.

Previous 15 Comments | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

Janar

he just wanna make himself famous
by the name of the king michael jackson
it's all michael jackson on the new album
the casio family are michael's very very close friends
mj called them his second family
they've been friends for the past 25 years
actually over 25 years
it's all garbage
if the new album was really really fake
the company sony would be banned forever
the person incharge would be in jail right now
but no they're fine , their bussiness is still running
come on people , they would have been banned forever

Posted at 10:45 AM on Jan 25, 2011 by omer

______________________________________________________________

Yeah, it's just plain ole common sense right?

Janar

Sorry to burst your bubble, TMZ but Jason isn't in on it either. He's just saying that to decrease suspicion on those tracks. Monster, I'm not sure about, but I know definitely it's not him who sang Breaking News, nor Keep your Head up
Posted at 4:01 PM on Jan 21, 2011 by Moonwalker

Go to hell,Moonwalker.You are not a real Michael Jackson fan.You are a hater who wants to see Michael Jackson's new cd flop on the music chart.I have the cd in my hand and it's Michael Jackson singing.I am sick and tired of these fake Michael Jackson fans spreading lies over the internet about the authenticity of the new cd.Michael Jackson recorded over 300 unreleased songs and Sony has them and they have the right to publish them all.'Breaking News' is clearly Michael Jackson singing it.Have you even heard the song '2000 Watts' that's on the cd Invicible?Michael recorded that song with a deep manly voice.Are you going to say it was not him singing '2000 watts' and that it was Jason Malachi?Dumb azz.
Besides the cd Michael is only flopping in the US.Around the world the album is very successful.Michael Jackson refused to tour in the US for two decades.Michael also did not want to promote his cds in the US either because he felt no love in his own country.Sony should from now on release new Michael Jackson cds overseas only.

Posted at 1:14 PM on Jan 22, 2011 by Marie

___________________________________________________________

I'm not sure what Moonwalker really meant,

But Marie, you are definitely right all the way. And the U.S. (which is where I am from)is just dumb for not patronizing a world icon that is from right here. Everytime I think about him being railroaded by his own country, it makes me so sad and angry. It's a shame because Michael really liked his country. Btw, I have the cd also and it is Michael and really nice.

A guy from Hungary

****! Then why took Sony these songs to a new "MJ-album" and this loser Jason Malachi why didn't say anything?
Sony sucks and **** yourself Malachi!
("but they're gunning for the money so they fake it"

A guy from Hungary

Sony sucks and **** yourself Malachi!

Someone who knows Malachii

I've known Jason for a longvtime and this album was done with JASON on it. Jason filled in certain parts that Michael could not hit anymore. All of it was done in Jersey and LA. Ask his fake Mgr

Hina Sehgal

But I'm the biggest number one fan of Jason Malachi everyone!

mysteria333

I'M SURE THAT THE MICHAEL JACKSON ESTATE WILL FIND A WAY TO GET YOU TO RETRACT YOUR STATEMENTS, IF T TAKES A LAW SUIT OR JUST PLAIN OLD COLD HARD CASH.. BUT IF I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ELSE IN MY LIFE TIME I KNOW ITS NOT MICHAELS VOICE ON THOSE SONGS.. IF OTHERS WANT TO BELIEVE THAT ITS MICHAEL,, THEN SO BE IT.. ITS ANOTHER WAY FOR THEM TO HOLD ON TO MICHAELS MEMORY.. I'VE STUDIED HIS VOICE FOR SO MANY YEARS NOW THAT I'VE EVEN LEARNED TO SOUND LIKE HIM.. THE OTHER THING I'M SURE OF IS THAT MICHAEL DID NOT DIE ON JUNE 25TH,, BUT SO BE IT TO THE SUBLIMINALLY BRAINWASHED,, IT DOES.NT CHANGE ANYONES LOVE FOR OUR BELOVED MICHAEL,, SO I'LL JUST CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR HIM AND HIS FAMILY..BECAUSE OUR HEAVENLY FATHER HAS THE FINAL WORD!! NOT THE TV,, INTERNET,, TABLOIDS OR NEWSPAPERS!! GOD BE WITH YOU MICHAEL..

ADKIc3mAnX

@Tellit Are you a retard ?

Michael Jackson is not a Creep and not a Fake

This is old his Facebook was hacked and it's not even him I messsaged him and he replied back telling me he sang on Billie Jean lol when Billie Jean was released it was 1982 he was a baby and Jason's manager confirmed this all to be fake and all the Songs in the new album are Real

Cece

What You Are Cursed you 258.!!!

Cece

I Love You My Beautiful Darling Jason !!!

Rita

I am sorry I do not think he sounds like Michael, he sings good but no mj. I can tell most of that album must be done by him and shame on sony for thinking Michael Jackson fans are stupid and would not be able to tell.

Previous 15 Comments | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18