MJ Soundalike -- I Sang Songs on New 'Michael' Album

1/16/2011 12:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A guy who once fooled the public into thinking a song of his was really sung by Michael Jackson is claiming he sang a few of the songs on the new "Michael" album  ... and not MJ.

0116_jason_malachi_2_ex

Back in 2007, a song called "Mamacita" made the rounds ... with people thinking it was a new MJ track. Turned out it was done by a guy named Jason Malachi, who sounded just like the King of Pop.

Today, Malachi took to his Facebook page and made this claim:

"Sheesh guys, I guess it's time to confess. I've lied to many people, including someone today, but.... It was me. It was me who sang Breaking News, Keep Your Head Up, Monster and Stay.

"I had a agreement with the record company, but now the cat is out of the bag. Sorry to all my fans, and fellow Michael Jackson fans."

Check out Jason's most recent work below ... gotta admit, kinda MJ-esque.

Calls to Sony have not yet been returned.

Linda

well TMZ has backtracked and this guy got his glory that is what he was looking for!!!!! Also people have to realize these songs where no done in a professional recording studio so they will sound a little different. I have this CS and playing almost daily and no one is ever going to make me believe it is not MJ. He had a unique voice!

MiMi

NO thanks

Michael Jackson Hoax Death is not for me.

I thought that's where you hung out.

Janar

The MJ on the Simpsons is 10 times better than this loser.

Posted at 5:06 PM on Jan 16, 2011 by TMZ@Froggy.biz

---------------------------------------------------------

It's 10 times better, because it is MJ.

________________________________________

Sorry but he doesn't sound like MJ.

Posted at 5:09 PM on Jan 16, 2011 by crimsonravven

------------------------------------------------

I agree with you, he does not sound like Michael Jackson, but instead sounds like someone trying to sound like Michael Jackson. He needs to focus on sounding like his own self rather than imitating someone else. I thought that was what being an artist was all about, being original.

And how bout he should be somewhere trying to sue Sony, instead telling us, because his name is not mentioned anywhere on the Michael cd, which I have.

______________________________________________

Posted at 5:09 PM on Jan 16, 2011 by Phantom of the Opera

-------------------------------------------------

Another great video. Keep'em coming. Thanks.

kim

new story up.
Well i knew this was not true. I just for the life of me could not believe sony would do this. Sure, they have done some stupid stuff but to pull this off would be putting their head on the chopping block.

BarbieJean

I hope it can be proven it isn't the voice of MJ. If it gets proven Sony lied bold faced to the world, I will love that! AND I will hop on that "imasueyoass" bandwagon hehe

susie

MiMi is lying ... :=================================> what a nose girl!

MiMi

new story up.

Posted at 7:26 PM on Jan 16, 2011 by kim

------------------------------------------------------------

When are people going to learn that you cannot believe everything you read.

Geez...

MiMi

susie

Am not

susie

Posted at 7:30 PM on Jan 16, 2011 by MiMi
______________________

Did you listen to "Michael"? I think you didn't cause you were too busy here (stalking and feeding the "haters").

Now Poof me Mimsit... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

MJ FOREVER

HE DOESN'T SOUND LIKE MICHAEL.....
MICHAEL WAS ONE OF A KIND.. HIS VOICE ISN'T EVEN CLOSE

MJ is the Greatest of all

TMZ CLEAN YOUR EARS! HE DOES NOT SOUND JUST LIKE MJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OBVIOUSLY YOU DO NOT LISTEN TO MUCH OF MICHAEL JACKSON OR LISTEN TO ALL HIS SONGS EVERYDAY LIKE I & OTHER LONGTIME TRUE FANS DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE NOT MJ EXPERTS!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TIME THE MAN WAS BORN ON AND THE DAY AS I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susy

**** YOU!KILL YOURSELF YOU ARE GOING TO BE FAMOUS BECAUSE YOUR ****ING VOICE RESEMLBES MICHAEL'S. **** YOU ONE MORE TIME, CHEAP BOY.

Janar

Michael Jackson couldn't sing or dance for many years prior to his "death".

He faked his own death because he was 1 yard from becoming a penniless pauper.

Posted at 5:14 PM on Jan 16, 2011 by Tellit

-------------------------------

HATER!

MiMi

susie q

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?????

LOLOLOLOL

Vana

When I first heard Breaking News, I thought something was fishy. MJ would never say his own name in a song. Wasn't feeling Keeping Your Head Up and definitely not MONSTER. Now I know why.

Now that it has been confirmed, $ONY is in big trouble. We won't believe or buy anything else they say. What made $ONY think we were stupid?

There should be a class action lawsuit against $ONY for this!