Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban -- New Parents!

1/17/2011 9:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban have a new baby, courtesy of a surrogate ... TMZ has learned.

Nicole Kidman Baby

Sources tell us ... the baby was born at Centennial Medical Center in Nashville on December 28, 2010. Her name is Faith.

Kidman and Urban are Faith's biological parents.

We're told Nicole and Keith went into the hospital on the down low last week, visiting Faith and the surrogate during her stay.   They entered the hospital through the back, took the service elevator to the top floor, which they rented exclusively for themselves.

We're told the baby is home.

Yes, Nicole and Keith were both at the Golden Globes last night.

UPDATE: Keith and Nicole just released a statement to TMZ saying, "Our family is truly blessed, and just so thankful, to have been given the gift of baby Faith Margaret. No words can adequately convey the incredible gratitude that we feel for everyone who was so supportive throughout this process, in particular our gestational carrier."

1110_whos_your_daddy_footer

congrats

OMG,i can't believe it!!!!Congrats to nicole and keith,sunday rose have a little sister now!!!!
We are happy to hear it!!!!!

Mimi

Yikes you people are harsh, and of course don't know her at all. She's a bit on the older side to carry her own child, and no knows what she might have gone through last time. She was clearly glowing and enjoyed the last pregnancy, so I wouldn't presume anything negative. Good for her for giving Sunday a sibling, whatever she had to do to make it happen. Although I certainly agree "gestational carrier" is a very unfortunate term.

Mel

She's going through menopause and now has a new baby?? wow desperate and sad and she has no connection with her adoptive kids, don't think she'll be up for mother of the year that's for sure, so fake...and Keith is an addict, good luck to the kids.

Bruno

Congratulations to both of them.

SuzyCreamCheese

Do all celebs think the only way to get a baby is buy one?>

ERP

Why doesn't she talk about her two older children with Tom Cruise? Where are they?

jen

to all you jerks that think you know it all.....

first of all she was able to have a baby on her own once before so all of you who think she didn't want to carry the baby herself because she didn't want stretch marks...she already has them

and second...it is altogether possible that she was not able to conceive a second child for some reason or could not carry another child because of health risks.

You never know what is going on.

So why don't you just shut your dumb mouths and congratulate the couple.

Dea

Nicole is nuts. Keith fell for this pathetic human being. I read comments out there that Sunday Rose was born by a surrogate too and she faked the pregnancy although that will be too weird to be true. Anyways happy life to the new born. She deserves all happiness in this world.

bstill

I've only read the first page prior to commenting. But I'd guess the majority of posts will be such as mine. What's the matter with Nicole? It seems kind of shallow to me!

random

I am pretty sure she is not going through menopause at 43 lol! I had my son when I was 42 and I turn 44 this year! The only difference between having my 1st 21 years ago (who was born 2 months early) - is losing the weight! This time around - I made it to 8 1/2 months. And I have not one stretch mark from head to toe and I am a simple hard working Momma and all I did was apply cocoa butter the minute I found out I was pregnant.

And I am not overweight at all either....still have to shake 10 lbs, thats it but it is harder after 40!

Heather

The baby was born Dec. 28th and yet they were still in the Hospital last week??? I had a little girl on Jan. 2nd and we've been out of the Hospital for almost two weeks, and we had to stay two extra days for observation. As for Sunday being born via a surrogate, there were pictures of Nicole pregnant. I can't imagine they would go that far to fake it with the first and then be completely open about this pregnancy. She must have had trouble conceiving a second time.

get real

What about the Adopted Kids with her and Tom???????? They must mean nothing to either one of them.. You NEVER hear about them.

CarolynAB

They rented out a whole floor of a hospital?? It's not a hotel, for pity's sake, it's a hospital.

And is "gestational carrier" the best term they could find for the woman who brought their baby into the world? I wonder whose name appears on the birth certificate, the "carrier" or Ms. Kidman?

random

Who knows how the surrogate Mom was feeling and if there were complications! Jeez!

Myself and my son were in the hospital a week because he was jaundice and we came home 1 whole night all for him to go back again and go under the blue light for 2 nights!

And, Nicole just spoke about her two CHILDREN that SHE does not refer to as ADOPTED....just recently. And just because you don't "read" or "hear" about them, doesn't mean they are forgotten. They are older and probably prefer a more shelterd life so they can live hopefully a little bit of a teenage life without being under the scope.

Nicole already stated they chose to live with Tom in L.A. as she lives in Nashville.

So sorry that the living diaries of all these celebs are not being noted to you on a minute to minute basis.

God forbid they'd like to pretend to live a little norm of a life.

wasted days and wasted nights

Congrats to them and please, TMZ, get some better photos on file! These are two beautiful people who deserve better pics.