Kelly to Regis:

You're WHAT?!?

1/18/2011 2:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with "Live! with Regis & Kelly" tell TMZ ... Regis Philbin blindsided Kelly Ripa with his retirement announcement today ... telling her less than 15 minutes before they went on the air.

Regis and Kelly

We're told Kelly was "stunned" that Regis didn't tell her well in advance.  But one source connected with the show tells us, "She wasn't upset."

Our sources say Regis felt if he talked about it before making the announcement, it would have leaked out.

soulofanangel

KELLY,

regisandjoy.com would be a perfect "Job Well-Done Gift" for Regis.

I've sent this to Gelman more times than I can remember, to no avail, over the years.

REGIS,

The fifties are over, can't live in the past,

But if the world was like that, we'd all have a blast.

ItzAmi

I, too, watched this morning and saw Regis had a meeting with Kelly & Gelman .. I thought he said yesterday . but then I am OLD (should retire too) anyway . was NOT a surprise to her or to Gelman .. just the audience & viewers ..

Maybe Joy will take over .. LOL

Larry King left .. now Regis . who will be next . another of the 'zipper' club?

dany

there is no show without regis...

TXluvsMJ2

This will probably be the end of this show because I can't stand watching that "walking advertisement for anorexia" known as Kelly; very painful.

Jackie

Hmm!!...who are they?

Reed

Well they say the cream always rises to the top! And slim,my dear! Any cream you may resemble curdeled a long time ago if ever existed at all! Sweetie, you made most of America turn on you when alllll you did soon as the camera was on,was to brag about your wonder life,i.e., Hamptons,ski house KIDS!!!24/7, and your no talent husband! Blah Blah..So, be glad you had that great job(that you can thank the sinile host for).Count your chips, and CASH OUT! Oh and Kelly! EAT A HAMBURGER!

MP

I don't watch this show, but that picture of Kelly is terrible. I know she's thin, but someone should explain to her that as a woman ages she needs to keep some meat on her bones, she'll look better. Best of luck, Mr. Philbin...you've had a great career and I wish you a wonderful retirement.

Mr.Bill

Regis is a workaholic. I can not see him retiring without a significant reason.

Mr.Bill

Regis is a workaholic. Even when he is not working he is always "On". I can't see him quitting without a reason.

patty

It's about time this dinosaur retires!

I'll bet that it will soon turn into the "Mark & Kelly" show. She is always drooling about her man.....

Scoobie

So what, he told her a few minutes before air. He didn't eveb have to do that...she's not his wife. Besides, he's the Reg' - he can do whatever the hell he wants.

An interesting replacement - Tim Allen.

patty

Kelly does need to put some meat on those bones and either get a boob job or not wear the clothes that make her look like a little girl.

Chris

Regis himself stated that there was a meeting yesterday between himself, Kelly, Gelman and Art Moore, with company management. Kelly knew what was happening.

arslan qamar