Jack LaLanne Dead at 96

1/23/2011 11:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Fitness legend Jack LaLanne died of respiratory failure due to pneumonia Sunday afternoon at his home in California. He was 96.

Jack LaLanne Died
LaLanne hosted a popular workout show for several decades, opened a chain of gyms, and created a popular line of juicers.

His agent said he worked out and exercised every day of his life, even up until the end.

0124_remembering_jack_lalanne_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Bryan

RIP

Jack

an inspiration, will be missed.

Gracie

RIP my dear friend.

Lisa

A true hero, a wonderful character, a great man. He did a lot for the world and he will be missed. God bless you, Jack!

dd

Awwww life well done RIP!

Tina

OMG. I truly thought he was going to live forever. He is a testament to eating well and exercising as the key to being healthy. He was a true legend. RIP Mr. LaLanne, you will be missed.

LongJohn69

I call dibs on his ORIGINAL "Glamour Stretcher".

Rhonda C. Poynter

Even as a little kid, I thought that this man was cool - if anybody made me aware of the importance of health and exercise before 24 hour/cable television came along, it was Jack. RIP -

Perky

Wow. I didn't know he had been sick. He's been around forever, I just kind of assumed he'd hang around a lot longer. I'll miss him.

Kelly

Awwww :(
Jack Lalanne was a pretty cool guy.
RIP <3

oh ya

he was the godfather of the fittness world...he was one of a kind.

Celeb Gossip Addict

R.I.P. Jack. Looking good to the very end.

American Mom

Wow! I have always been impressed with him. I was just thinking about him and wondering how old he would be when he died cause he took good care of himself. It doesn't seem fair that pneumonia was what took him down. Why can't people stay home if they're sick and not spread stuff. People should get a ticket if they are out spreading some illness. They get tickets for less. cell phones, littering....It should be a law that you must stay home if you are sick! I know older people get pneumonia but it came from somewhere. I hope his family finds comfort. Wow!

get real

He Started Fitness. RIP Jack..

acorn

This guy rocked. He was a pioneer in getting people to think about fitness. He was the first person to do TV shows on exercise, good nutrition, not smoking, and all the rest. He did it all from a plain set, in black and white. Remember when he'd bring his dog out? All totally awesome, vintage, super memories. He made the world a better place. RIP, my man. You were an original.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments