The Colonel vs. Flavor Flav

Chicken Wars

1/24/2011 8:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Flavor Flav opened his chicken joint in the wrong part of town -- cause the guy who owns the Kentucky Fried Chicken RIGHT NEXT DOOR says he's ready to go clock-to-clock for fried chicken supremacy.

0123_flavor_flav_chicken_tmz_exFlav's joint is set to open today in Clinton, IA -- the first of a planned chain of restaurants. But the new place just happens to be next to a KFC -- which just seems like awful planning, doesn't it?

Anyway, the guy who owns that KFC tells TMZ, "We've been in business since 1963, we always welcomed competition. We have competed with six or seven brands over that time and as long as we take care of The Colonel's chicken, we will be just fine."

Looks like we're in for one helluva chicken battle ... boyyyyyyeeeee!!!!!

James

I'll buy chicken from Flav. KFC is wack.

Mike

It's for his new "reality" show. DUH...TMZ is sooooo behind.

Trish

I'd rather have Flavor Flav too! KFC is boring and has a weird taste.

Shay

I'd eat chicken a monkey fried before I went to KFC. It's greasy and causes a catastrophic event within my stomach.

Carvey

Opening a chicken place next to an established chicken chain ain't the smartest move. But on the other hand have you tried KFC lately? It's soggy! Nobody wants soggy fried chicken.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

13 herbs and spices including reefer

Damon

It's an old Long John Silvers building.

LAWRENCE

Good eye Damon, that's exactly what it is.

That said I can't wait to go there and make an order and have Flav himself jump on the counter and yelll YEAH BOY when I ask for an extra biscuit or side of cole slaw.

Kelly

Popeyes is much better than KFC even though I haven't eaten either in years. Where does the stench of that "grilled" chicken come from anyway?

ErinAndrewsIsAFameWhore

The Who own the KFC right next door? I didn't know The Who were in the fried chicken business. I like Roger Daltrey.

Glenn

Chinese proverb: Best place for new fish market, right next to fishmarket.

Flower

To Damon: Noticed the LJS connection right away, also...you beat me to the post. Good job. (Does this mean we eat way too much take out junk food?)

J

I am almost annoyed by this. Of all places for him to bring this place, it had to be MY town? I am all for new things and creating new jobs, but this is tragic.

If it lasts more than a couple of years, I will be impressed. The "business partner" who will be running this isn't exactly what I would call trustworthy.

baxter1233

I wonder if he'll be there for the day, i think i should head up there =3, long drive from Ankeny though

Ali

I live like 30 minutes away from here, why Clinton, IA? I might have to go and try it just to say I did!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments