The Colonel vs. Flavor Flav

Chicken Wars

1/24/2011 8:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Flavor Flav opened his chicken joint in the wrong part of town -- cause the guy who owns the Kentucky Fried Chicken RIGHT NEXT DOOR says he's ready to go clock-to-clock for fried chicken supremacy.

0123_flavor_flav_chicken_tmz_exFlav's joint is set to open today in Clinton, IA -- the first of a planned chain of restaurants. But the new place just happens to be next to a KFC -- which just seems like awful planning, doesn't it?

Anyway, the guy who owns that KFC tells TMZ, "We've been in business since 1963, we always welcomed competition. We have competed with six or seven brands over that time and as long as we take care of The Colonel's chicken, we will be just fine."

Looks like we're in for one helluva chicken battle ... boyyyyyyeeeee!!!!!

Bill Leslie

Iowa? Does Flavor Flav even know where Iowa is? He's being ripped off by a friend/manager isn't he.

Raejean

Too bad he can't franchise being an idiot.

Damon

Does anyone in Iowa know who he is?

eyeinthesky

Like that is any worse than TACO BELL and KFC in the same building!!

jack of all trades

Okay --why is he opening a chicken place ...that sucks chicken for BLK people

melissa

on the clinton herald website, the pic they got posted conviently has the kfc out sign in the foreground as the ffc sign goes up! lol

jus me

Yes people in Iowa know who Flavor Flav is we do watch TV and we do listen to music and yes there are black people in Iowa!! Ignorant people dang!!

tlynn

Not a bad idea, considering KFC's chicken is garbage! Heat lamped to "dry death", no flavor & full of preservatives. The only thing that's hot coming out of there is the mashed w/gravy. Who wants lukewarm flavorless dry chicken with no taste? I have to say, I for one am glad to see "a black person" opening a chicken place...they know how to season it right!! No offense to my people, but leave the fried chicken to the experts!! Why must people call blacks monkey's? I don't get it, please stop inbreeding!!

Jacen Pease

Guys, I actually live in Clinton, IA. Might have to drop by there someday and try it.

Tony

Awesome! I can't wait to try their chicken. Will I be able to order Waffles? I think this would be a nice addition to the menu. Flavor Flavs House of Chicken Waffles

beech

i know the cimino bros...should be quite interesting!

krissy

PSSHHHH ! i live in clinton, iowa. and our kfc freaking SUCKS. you wait FOREVER to get cold nasty food. im hoping flav has some good chicken !

Robert

Now this is fun news lol. I'm sure you guys will give us the blow by blow thank you.

die ho

Another great decision for William Drayton Jr. aka Flava Flav. Not only does he pick (using his own words) a place in "the middle of somewhere" as the spot for his first FFC but he also picked a loser for a business partner.

Laura

I live in Clinton, Iowa and I have to agree that our KFC is awful. I had to wait 45 minutes to get a to go meal and after all that wait it wasn't even hot. And of course people in IA know who Flavor Flav is, we have all the same technology as the rest of the country. My daughter's boyfriend and his friends went to the opening today, they said the chicken was great! Yes Flavor Flav was there cooking chicken, greeting customers and signing autographs. There has been an long line all day even in the freezing winter weather. KFC is the only loser here.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments