Jack LaLanne's Son -- I'm Taking Over the Family Biz

1/24/2011 3:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jack LaLanne's son says he is ready to carry on the family business ... and will take over his father's role as the company's official ultra-fit spokesperson.

0124_jack_jon_lelane_ex

TMZ spoke with Jon LaLanne (pictured right) -- one of Jack's three children -- who told us, "Though we are saddened by our father's passing, the overwhelming response from fans and the media has made us all feel he is still with us."

Jon added, "I plan to carry on the family business. I will be alongside my mother Elaine, my wife Lora, my brother Dan and my sister Yvonne touring the country preaching my father's common sense approach to a longer and better life."

Jon is an accomplished businessman himself -- running a successful surf board company aptly named "LaLa."

0124_remembering_jack_lalanne_footer

chilli

first!

Lori

Uh Oh...these things seem to never end up well....what next? family in fighting? hope not.

Lori

THIRD!...sheesh, what's with you people and being first? It's been done and OVER done...stop.

Mike

So the son Jack hated, regularly put down and rejected is taking over? Wow....I see a book coming.

Nikkcolle

R.I.P. Jack! You are a true pioneer in fitness

leafsfan1977

I know this may sound immature, but the only thing that stood out in this article for me was the name of Mr. LaLanne's widow.....Elaine.

Elaine LaLanne........kinda reminded me of 'Julia Gulia' from "The Wedding Singer".

Anyway....back to reality. lol. Doesn't surprise me in the least that his son is digging his hooks into the business so soon after his passing. I guess to some, certain things are more important....

WillOTheWisp

Condolences to Jack's family and friends.
I loved this man; I grew up watching him whenever I played hooky from school.
Just goes to show that exercise and right eating is one of the main components to living a longer life, plus he stayed busy.
R.I.P. Jack!

Carl

Wonder how old the son is? If Jack was 96 when he died, his son probably is getting up there himself. Heck, if he had a child at 30 the kid would be eligible for Social Security now!

cekeste

Yeah, how old are his kids? This guy looks like his great-grandchild! RIP Jack!

hebe

Seriously!? I would have assumed he was too busy having sexual intercourse to make the game.....
Yeah i agree that finding the perfect match isn’t easy, but you will find him or she when the right time comes.Every love story will unfold on it's own. Start your own wealthy love story for real at ---Richfriends.org---is meant to be the place to connect with beautiful and successful friends !

Jack

be careful not to get the hair caught in the juicer Jon.

CC

Best of luck. Truly the end of an era. RIP.

karlew

Not sure exactly how old Jon is but he started at Pepperdine in 1979 so I'm thinking he's at least 50. Sorry but for 50 he's awesome gorgeous.

TMZ@Froggy.biz

So I guest he'll still be pitching juicers on TV.

John

"I'm taking over the family biz." Jack isn't even cold yet. Makes it sound like the vultures have their talons out already.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments