Oprah Winfrey REVEALS Secret -- I Have a Sister!

1/24/2011 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah Winfrey spilled the beans on her big secret today on her show ... she has a long lost sister!

Oprah's Sister
Turns out The Big O has a half-sister named Patricia -- who was put up for adoption at a young age and bounced around foster homes until she was finally adopted at the age of 7. Oprah said her mother Vernita Lee never told her about Patricia.

Oprah, Patricia and her mother were all reunited on the show.

Vernita Lee

0917_oprah_Launch-Footer

Terri M

Looks like the "Big O" really needs a rating boost. Hey, O, if I can find a long lost relative could you help me find a job? No? Big surprise...

Isabella

Why the HECK would anyone...famous or not...want to air out dirty laundry like that on national television? I feel sorry for Patricia...she was the rejected sibling, while Oprah sits high on the hog.

Rose

Best comment so far

"Oh good lord there's two of them !"

LOL

baby68

I know every one has had their fun and games but I know Patricia and she was my God sister. I always knew she was adopted and wanting to find her birthmother. she is not paid, she is not fake at all she is a real person with real feeling. The hard times she been through, I hope she helps her and if not, well looks like she has been doing well on her own! Finding something that is lost is always good if yo feel you missed it. Hoping that oprah can fine the time to be a sister she never had. God bless you Patricia and may this be what you always wanted.

Kari

I felt sorry for her mother. It should of been private.

Lady K

Some of you are just some wild animals. What happen in your childhood? So much hate towards someone who doesn't even know you all exist. I am praying and asking God to forgive you all. "YOU STUPID AND IGNORANT PEOPLE DONT EVEN KNOW THAT YOU ARE STUPID AND IGNORANT". GET A LIFE and leave Oprah, her mom and her sister.

kim

im sorry...not feeling the love. I think it's great when long lost families find one another, but it happens all across the globe. I find it amusing that she waited until her final season to "introduce"her half sister...but my biggest beef with the big O is that she is so conceited....to call this the "miracle of all miracles" is so arrogant and sickening. When they find a way to cure Children's Cancer or AIDS maybe that term would fit the bill..the miracle of all miracles is how parents with sick children even get out of bed in the morning...boo hoo oprah..your so phony I think i just vomited in my own mouth

HumanNature

I applauded Patricia for never giving up hope to find her true birth parents and family.

GOD IS GOOD!!!

Sofujid

I love this story and if I were Oprah my sis would be straighter than straight for life. Bless both of them.

toby

OH MY GOD WHERE DOES OPRAH GET ALL HER DRAMA? WHAT ELSE WILL HAPPEN TO HER BEFORE THE SEASON IS OVER? I HOPE WE WILL FINALLY GET RID OF ALL HER STORIES AND DRAMA IN MAY. SHE WILL IS LIKE A A DRUNKEN RELATIVE THAT WILL NEVER LEAVE. ENOUGH ALREADY. GET LOST IN THE OLD AND TIRED TALK SHOW HOME AND TAKE POOR GAYLE WITH YOU.

Janar

No wonder Oprah has "mother issues". What else has she not told her?

Posted at 7:49 AM on Jan 24, 2011 by Politico Pablo

------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, to me, it seems like their mother was a selfish woman, who did'nt mind laying down to making her children, just to get up not wanting them. And as for that lame BS story wanting to get off of welfare. PLEASE. That's still a selfish act, just thinking about herself getting off of welfare as oppose to getting off of it for her children's sake. The mother is not ashamed or embarrassed or else she would have never come on TV showing her face as if she's going to get a forgiveness pass from the public. It's still a bunch of lies, because when the mother was contacted by an agency representing her long lost daughter, she rejected it.

rockchick19

so that was the big reveal boo hoo

poppy

Oprah's mother is a lying, cheating, manipulating,controlling JOKE of a mother. She could NEVER be a MOM. She has NEVER been there for her children. She is as UGLY on the inside as she is on the outside. The easy part is getting pregnant and giving birth.....the hardest part is being responsible and taking care of your children. Sounds like Oprah's mother liked to sleep around...she is nothing but an old skank!.....she was so heartless on the part of Monday's show, when she was there talking to Oprah and Patricia was there too.....she did not even acknowledge that Patricia was even there. Sounds like Oprah's mother has LOTS of secrets......no one even asked who Patricia's father is......why even both I guess .......Oprah's mother probably doesn't know or she'd lie about that too. I dislike people who lie and I don't like Oprah's mother. I'm happy Patricia is a good person and she's nothing like the mother.........the mother is just TRASH.

Frostedsleet

Please! I have half siblings 2 sisters and one brother. They were so worried to meet because of possible inheritance issues and refused to meet me. They got the $ but I sincerely wanted to meet them and they still refuse to meet. Not bitter about $, and just wanted to meet them. Really? O knew about this along time ago. What a manipulating woman, just for ratings. Another O BS show.

bee

Nothing compares to a sister, whish them all the love