Chinese Artist Paints Himself Invisible

2/3/2011 8:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

There is a Chinese man hiding somewhere in this picture ... we swear.

0202_chinese_artist_Splash
The guy in the grocery store is Liu Bolin -- an artist who's made it his "thing" to paint himself like a human chameleon and hide in plain site in photos.

Now you see him, now you don't.

Herp

METAL GEAR!?

ckat

I'd **** my pants..

Josephina

"... in plain site"? EDIT, TMZ.

Christina

Liu Bolin has been doing his Hiding in the City series since 2005. It started as a political commentary on the tensions between the Chinese government and their people and the identity an environment gives an individual and vice versa. There have been many spoofs inspired by this series including, as someone has commented, Johnny Knoxville in Jackass 3D. W magazine had an article about the stunt and Knoxville accredits Liu Bolin: http://www.wmagazine.com/celebrities/2010/11/jackass_3d_movie_johnny_knoxville. Eli Klein Fine Art represents him exclusively in North and South America. More images can be found on www.ekfineart.com.

MA

in plain SIGHT, not SITE... c'mon TMZ!

IIva

Am I the only one freaked out by this picture?

Rachel Rothechild

I get it "you are what you eat." I like it.

Amyjill

Very cool, somethings are still done by hand and not by key board!!!

Doug Wilson

This is so cool, he could be on to something here and turn out several paintings of people in different places. It would be like you would be looking fordward to when he will put out onother painting. I would be first in line to buy one to hang it on my wall, think what a conversation piece this would be. WILL YOU SEND ME A E-MAIL COPY OR AN ATTACHMENT TO SHOW EVERYONE.

Natasha

This reminds me of the movie when A Stranger calls back... Scary because the man would paint himself to match the walls and kidnap victims... freaky!

Natasha

Am I the only one freaked out by this picture?

I agree with you... It's nice art but I can't get the terrifying thoughts out of my mind......

Michael

To anyone who thinks the artist has too much time on his hands and could use photoshop, has it occurred to you that you are spending your time... 'commenting'. Perhaps you have too much time on your hands yourselves and should be focussing on worldpeace, saving small endangered animals or feeding the starving children.... Just saying...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3