Halle Berry's Ex: Don't Call My Baby Black!

2/4/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Halle Berry's ex, Gabriel Aubry, "went nuts" whenever anyone would refer to their daughter as "black" ... sources tell TMZ.

0202_halle_berry_gabriel_EX_getty

Sources connected with the former couple tell TMZ ... whenever Gabriel would read a story about Nahla that referred to her as "black," he would go off, insisting his baby was white.  We're told Gabriel would tell Halle and others they should demand a "retraction" when such references were made regarding his daughter.

As TMZ previously reported, sources tell us Gabriel has called Halle the "N" word  -- and one woman previously involved with him referred to him as a "borderline racist."

We have been unable to get in touch with Gabriel's reps for comment.

alexa

She is nuts. She used him to have a baby and now wants him to look bad. If he is racist, why he slept with her?, She is trying to have her way.

j2l2o

halle berry that'swhat u get for knocking boots whith the devil now roger that

lili

All you people trying to talk about 1 drop rules, and 1/8 black means black are NUTS.

Sorry, those were the OLDEN DAYS.

We have all moved on. Noone does that anymore. So if you're stuck in the past, that's your issue, but NEWSFLASH: SLAVERY IS OVER, AS IS THE ECONOMIC 1 DROP RULE.

Blacks were also not considered people in the past. So would you be foolish enough to claim that today blacks are not people?! NO! Because we as a society know that those are all lies, all of the above rules.

And whomever wrote that Gabriel is aboriginal or mixed is NUTS.

Halle's a nut job, Gabriel clearly loved his kid, and get over the one drop rule of the past, this is 2011, not 1963! We don't have separate water fountains anymore, move on!

Dee

@Eric...Halle Berry is of mixed ethnicity...Her mother, Judith Ann (née Hawkins),who is Caucasian, was a psychiatric nurse. Her father, Jerome Jesse Berry, was an African American hospital attendant in the same psychiatric ward where her mother worked; he later became a bus driver.

aul74

kalifani6

"I agree with him, she is not black & I wouldn't like anybody calling my baby any race."

Posted at 12:34 AM on Feb 7, 2011 by aul74

@aul74
...well then you must be retaarded like him as well.

Awww,I meant to say 'special'.

Jane

#69 "it was safe in Canada because people were considered equal -no segregation or discrimination-hard for people in the US to understand I guess"

Actually you have some points but not all is true. I am a black Canadian. Canada actually did have segregation actually you should read history because it did happened. Becaue majority of run away slaves ended up in eastern Canada. They were not allowed to go to the same schools as white kids but they were no segregation in other places. Blacks were never treated as bad in Canada but the schools were segregated. You will find blacks all over Canada I actaully live in a small town in a praries.

#148 "The one drop rule is not universal. So I can understand him being pissed."

I actaully agree with you 100%. I am a black Canadian women and up here one drop does not apply to anyone mixed race at all. I have friends that are 1/4 black like halles daughter they are seen as white. The baby does not look black at all the baby looks like a southern european person I know what blacks look like and it is not the little girl. Also I have a mixed son who is half white he looks more southern european. I do not consider my son black at all but mixed and all the white people I have met agree with me.

ss

Here's the problem I have with the whole story...they are going around trashing him out to all media that will write about it but we know that Halle Berry has always wanted her daughter out of the media. Oh so now that you want to trash him it is okay to throw your business out there! That is just being a hypocrite and yet he is the one that is keeping his mouth shut. Maybe he did do those things no one really nows but the way Halle is conducting herself just makes her look shady. Handle it in the court if he is truly a bad parent present your evidence there and you'll win. If your telling the truth there is no need for a smear campaign. And if he called you all these "racist names" why would you have a child with him. Because I highly doubt he woke up one morning after you had a baby with him and decided to be racist. I use to like Halle Berry but I have lost total respect for her. Your not getting it your way so let the mud slinging begin. So sad that you have to involve a child in this!!!

izzitjustme

Halle may be beautiful but she has absolutely horrible taste in men! Wesley Snipes, David Justice, Eric Benet... I rest my case. She shudda just went to a sperm bank!

And just for the record, in this country, if you have a pie and 8 slices are blueberry and one slice is apple then it's an apple pie. If that baby is more than 1/8th black (which she is) then her birth certificate certainly doesn't have the word "white" in the spot for her race! I don't know how they look at things where Gabe comes from but That's America in Black and White!

scott

Hes NOT a racist,,how could he had a baby with her if he was a Racist ?..im getting sick of this Halle Berry Caracter feeding the press lies,i would never watch a movie were shes included....she;s a sore looser and always complain,..she has mayor issues and has lost all my respect

mish

exactly,if he's a racist why did he have a kid with her?She must be areal bitch to be making up stories like that.l don't believe it for a minuete,but l do believe Halle did a hit and run afew years ago,that just says alot about what kind of person she is.....nasty!

Davi

One day the world is going to wake up and realize that no human should be called black or white. The word black is a contumely which means devoid of light. It has absolutely nothing to do with race or skin color. That is the reason that even an Albino can be called white. We already know why Caucasians are called white. It's time for a change.

Nash

I have always loved Halle for her skills and the fact that she was never one to go "shopping" for publicity. I am black, not African-American but 100% African and I am so disappointed in Halle for her selfishness. While I may be wrong to conclude since I don't know both sides of the story, am forced to say what I have to say because never have I ever in my life heard or seen a news item that refers to a child, and points of his or her ethnic background. Gabriel is not stupid to hate Blacks and yet spend five years dating one and later having a kid with her. So, has he just remembered that Halle is Black?Was he blind when he went into a relationship with her? So if he was racist, how did she end up having a child with him?How come she continued to share custody and travel the world with him for the sake of their daughter all over the world. Did she just remember those comments? She needs a better lawyer and even much better publicist, because the ones she have are the worst for not discouraging that kind stupidity to be aired publicly.

Nash

I have always loved Halle for her skills and the fact that she was never one to go "shopping" for publicity. I am black, not African-American but 100% African and I am so disappointed in Halle for her selfishness. While I may be wrong to conclude, am forced to say what I have to ecause never have I ever in my life heard or seen a news item that refers to a child, and points of his or her ethnic background. Gabriel is not stupid to hate Blacks and yet spend five years of his life dating one and later have a kid with her. Was he blind when he went into a relationship with her? So if he was racist, how did she end up having a child with him?How come she continued to share custody and travel the world with him way after they had split. Did she just remember those comments? She needs a better lawyer and even much better publicist, because the ones she has are the worst for not discouraging her from that kind stupidity. She should be ashamed of using a race trump card, and I am shocked that she cant see that the world has its eyes open not to buy into her bull****..

Duane

I'm trying to figure out how the race of the little girl could possibly come up in an article. This might be some Tomfoolery!

Previous 15 Comments | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments