Halle Berry's Ex: Don't Call My Baby Black!

2/4/2011 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Halle Berry's ex, Gabriel Aubry, "went nuts" whenever anyone would refer to their daughter as "black" ... sources tell TMZ.

0202_halle_berry_gabriel_EX_getty

Sources connected with the former couple tell TMZ ... whenever Gabriel would read a story about Nahla that referred to her as "black," he would go off, insisting his baby was white.  We're told Gabriel would tell Halle and others they should demand a "retraction" when such references were made regarding his daughter.

As TMZ previously reported, sources tell us Gabriel has called Halle the "N" word  -- and one woman previously involved with him referred to him as a "borderline racist."

We have been unable to get in touch with Gabriel's reps for comment.

Wishes

Gabe is an extremely highly paid model - he does not need Halle's money. He just wants his daughter - and Halle's camp is sinful to put out this propaganda. Shame on her! This is no way to bring up a daughter with these racist comments!

spit

boy, he picked the wrong baby mama!!

aon

Wow! I don't know who is feeding this slanderous information to the press, but this is starting to border on dangerous. A lot of people are going to get unnecessarily hurt. The judge needs to clamp down on Halle's "close friends and associates".

ashli

these people act like they never left high school

breal

I don't believe we have heard anything from Halle or Gabriel! All these articles state "sources close" to Halle and Gabriel. We really haven't heard anything from either one of them or their reps! Don't believe everything you read, the media sensationalises every star's personal life to make money selling their mags! The media pays these so called "sources" for info, true or not! Personally, I believe the media is making things worse for Halle and Gabriel, leave them alone and let them work this out in court! Remember, Halle and Gabriel still have to be parents to Nalha, she needs both her mother and her father! Also, some day she will see these headlines, sad!

TMP

Why would Halle Barry stay in a relationship with a guy like this? She always came off to me as a strong, independent woman who wouldn't really take crap from anyone.. even a man... even her baby daddy.

Sad.

However, I am half black as well, and I know the kind of crap that other people can say. It sucks.. BUT.. even I think that some of this stuff sounds a little out there.

michelle

This is such b.s. Next we'll hear his family are Klan members. Halle is the crazy one. Poor kid.

karlew

@SaraBellum

You make some good points about the Quebecois, and indeed many french Canadians no matter where they live. As an english speaking Canadian living among the french I have seen first hand some of their rabid attitudes when it comes to protecting and and promoting their culture and ethnicity. Indeed some of them when it comes to African Americans are some of the most racist people I have met. However none of them would be caught dead in a relationship with a black english speaking person, let alone have a child with them. They might sleep with a black person but they would never publicly acknowledge they had. Generally these people come from tight knit families who would never accept the black person, and to them keeping the family unit intact is far more important than trying to cross racial lines. This is why I believe Aubry is not one of this breed of racist french Canadian. He acknowledged his relationship with Berry and acknowledges the child as his. There has never been any hint of racial accrimony between Berry and his family. Believe me if there were you can bet your bottom dollar some boozy uncle in a poutine stained undershirt would have been ranting to the press about it at least once over the last few years. Like black people, muslims, whites etc you can't paint every member of one group with the same brush. I've said before that I don't know about the relationship between these two but when things stop making sense I really start to wonder. Berry seems like a proud, independent and strong woman. I just can't see her putting up with years of racism towards her and then her child. I think the first time he called her the N word he would have been kicked to the curb. Nope none of this makes any sense. There's too many accusations, made far too quickly for this to be likely more than a smear campaign.

patty

It must be the Halle camp telling these stories to TMZ. Damn, why would he say that? Friggin Ugly Halle is BLACK, he knew what he was getting into when she was begging him to father her child.

Go to hell Halle....

terrell

This is all her fault. look at her track record with men from David Justice, Eric Benet and others between and now this guy. Halle does not know who she is yet, She need to learn how to love herself first. I never liked her. And being a black man it bothers me that she says she is a woman of color but denies her blackness which shows more so than anything else.

Gridiron

Gabriel is not a racist. He had a baby with Halle Berry.

And there is absolutely no way Mel Gibson is a racist. He did all those movies with Danny Glover. Riggs and Murtaugh were best buds gatdammit! And Whoopie had Mel's back!

Shame on anyone who thinks otherwise....

Jack

It's clear she is unstable. If he hated black people, as she states, he would never have been in a relationship with a black women for as long as he was let alone have a kid.

Please Halle. I hope no one is believing this BS.

Jennifer

Hey TMZ I would stop posting things for Halle, It's not working.. I think she's crazy, first he is a great dad now he is a bad dad. Now people have Halle dropping out of a movie because of him, wow two whole weeks away from your child to make a living.. I guess all those people in the military are the worse parents EVER!!!lol Grow up and just let the little girl have a father.. Oh yeah every where I turn I see story after story where they call her black... NOT...

SCHOOLTEACH

I can see the actress' spin doctor machine at work in this
TMZ article. If her ex-lover were a racist, as is claimed, he would not have had a relationship with her, nor would he have agreed to be the sperm donor. How ridiculous.

gigi

WOW. Mean "article" guys. You do realize that their kid will someday read this shiz, you might want to check your consciences and rethink printing stuff like this!!!