Ashlee Simpson

Files for Divorce

2/9/2011 5:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... Ashlee Simpson just filed for divorce from hubby Pete Wentz.

Ashlee Simpson Divorce
In documents filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Simpson cites "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the divorce.

She's asking for joint legal custody and primary physical custody of two-year-old Bronx.

Simpson, who is repped by disso queen Laura Wasser, is also asking for spousal and child support.   Wentz is repped by Stacy Phillips.

Sources tell TMZ there is no prenup. The couple married in May, 2008.

The couple just released a joint statement, saying, "After careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to file for divorce.

We remain friends and deeply committed and loving parents to our son Bronx, whose happiness and well-being remains our number one priority. We ask that everyone honor our privacy as we navigate this next phase of our lives."

0209_ashlee_pete_footer_V2

TMP

Well, they were victims of the "We forgot to use a condom, so now we have to get married" issue. (Same goes for Natalie Portman).

There are so many people out there that they think you HAVE to get married if you get pregnant, that it results in these forced marriages that NEVER seem to last. Doesn't help that her Daddy was a minister or whatever, so I'm sure he had something to do with them getting married.

I'm not a fan of either, but I have seen many articles online and there are more pictures out there of HIM with his kid (at the park, just taking a walk, whatever) than there are with her. Seems like he's a more hands on dad than she is a mother.. so why does she automatically get costody, child support etc.

Tabloid Diva

I should start my own celebrity blog and write about everything I think is gonna eventually happen to celebs, then I can write, I TOLD YA SO!! all over headlines, like this one...cuz I'm usually right! lol

Sammie

What a pity. They seem like nice kids all in all.

NickSunset

She got tired of being married to a Cross Dressing Bi-Sexual a younger version of David Arquette. When a chick keeps dieing here hair as much as she does that is a sign of unhappiness.

Yep always out by herself this was doomed to fail nothing in common with that 13 year old boy. She finally grew up good for her.

Nancy "O"

What is Ashley famous for...lip sync's songs, plastic surgery, disturbing relationship with her father, drunken older sister..oh yeah and that mirror thing with Pete Wentz..."you know, I couldn't believe I was actually F##king Ashley Simpson) cause he is gay, Those Simpsons are deperate no talent loser chicks.

lanie

Her unhappy, jealous sister Jessica probably had a hand in this too.

Jessica has been a wreck ever since her Ex-Husband Nick found happiness with another woman and is set to get married.

Jessica's desperate fake engagement to that ugly stud she's buying didn't fool anybody.

Posted at 9:04 AM on Feb 9, 2011 by Italia
-------------------------------------------------
*************************************************
-------------------------------------------------

You do realize that Jessica is the one who broke up with Nick, right? She is the one who ended the marriage. She didn't want to be with Nick anymore, so why would she be unhappy that he got engaged? Those are rumors made up by the rag mags. If she was so into him -- why would she have divorced his ass?

I think she was ticked, because Nick & Vanessa both stopped working & Jessica was footing the bill for all their vacationing and partying. Jessica had to pay him millions in spousal support & she gave Nick a lump sum of money when they divorced.

Who wouldn't be irritated? Vanessa quit her job at TRL. Nick stopped doing whatever it was he was doing. They were photographed at beaches and on vacations at parties.. while Jess was busing her ass working.. to pay for all of their shena****ns.

smashley

lord shes awful looking, and sounding.. soooo yeah this is probably for the best. he is talented.. and shes not. so yeah... hopefully she'll disappear.

Cricket

She wants primary custody of Bronx, child support, AND spousal support? Most of the pics I saw of Bronx were with Pete not her. If I ever saw one of her & Bronx, Pete was usually there too.

lanie

People seem so jealous of Jessica. The whole claim that she's so unhappy because she wants Nick is stupid. She divorced Nick, not vice versa. She's not "jealous", but I am sure she's annoyed with the fact that she works her butt off - while they vacation and party around with money she worked hard for.

They're like on a permanent vacation.

While she has to work.

It must be nice for Nick and Vanessa.

What are they going to do when the gravy train ends?

Both don't have much talent.

RE: Ashlee and Pete.. who didn't see this one coming? They had only been dating a few months when she turned up preggo & they had a shotgun wedding. I am surprised they made it 3 years. I think he is more than just "bi" - I think he might be full fledged gay - which doesn't make for a very stable marriage.

debbie

Big Surprise!

anon

Now we know why ASHLEE is so skeletal. Stress!

Sad as they have a beautiful baby boy & loved by both parents very much.

I think people need to be more cautious with the vile they spill about people they don't know.

I believe they did have a prenup as right after theyw ere married both said there was a prenup.

GreenApple

This is why I don't pay attention to who got married to who in Hollywood. It's not going to last and it doesn't mean anything.

steve4444

I read that Wentz was exclusively gay some years ago before he married Ashlee.I'm not surprised about the divorce.

Lori

Oh.. that must be because he's GAY..

deedee

that's really not surprising news. Isn't he gay or bi, anyway?