Lindsay: 'I'm Not Guilty Because I'm NOT!'

2/8/2011 10:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan is telling friends ... she's pleading not guilty tomorrow with vigor, because she says, "I honestly feel I did nothing wrong."

1123_lilo_EX_TMZ_01

Lohan is saying privately, "I'm pleading not guilty because I'm NOT!"

TMZ broke the story ... Lindsay will be charged Wednesday with felony grand theft for allegedly stealing a $2,500 necklace.

She'll be arraigned at 1:30 PM PT... and TMZ will livestream the hearing.

monie roche

ARE YOU KIDDING ME..."I HONESTLY FEEL LIKE I DID NOTHING WRONG"...THAT'S WHY SHE IS GETTING ARRESTED BECAUSE SHE OBVIOUSLY LACKS ANY INTERGRITY...AND ALWAYS REMEMBER...NEVER, EVER BELIEVE A JUNKIE...THEY WILL LIE UNTIL YOU BELIEVE THEM...LOHAN LIES SO MUCH THAT SHE BELIEVES THAT WHEN SHE LIES, EVERYONE SHOULD BELIEVE HER...

Baylee13

Side effects of cocaine...hmmmmm let's see....

Propensity to take risks - check
Increased Aggression - check
Desire to have s e x - check
Experiencing a psychotic episode - check
Loss of contact with reality - check
Poor interpersonal relationships due to aggression - check
Work, money and housing problems - check

Well that about sums it up!

Loser

Wow. I am so disgusted by some of these comments.

Dina, Michael, etc. You are way, WAY worse than I even thought. I can't believe I used to actually like you guys and want to see you succeed. You both have been a major disappointment. I can't even BEGIN to imagine how much of a disappointment you are to the people in your inner circle

Take the high road. Be there for your daughter.... Don't just spew things out on-line and on TV like a 5th grader. You guys are what, 50-55 years old? Please be the mature adults you are supposed to be

No more second chances. Everyone has figured you out. May I suggest that you both consider serious councelling, while Lindsay sorts things out in jail? Trust me: You will be TOXIC to her upon her release unless you change as much as she is expected to. This is not said with mallace. I live an incredibly successful and happy life. I just think you guys have taken it way too far and it is now unravelling. The house of cards has fallen

Susan

i still think that Lindsay tried on a bunch of stuff and the person waiting on her just assumed that she was handing all the pieces back one by one, and lost track of the necklace. If she was only trying on one thing she never would have been able to just leave the store with it, that would be way too obvious. Even SHE wouldn't be so blatant.

monie roche

HERE'S A THOUGHT...

LOHAN SAYS SHE'S NOT GUILTY...
WILL LOHAN PLEA-BARGAIN FOR A LESSER SENTENCE...
OR WILL LOHAN STICK BY HER "HONEST" STORY AND GO TO TRIAL TO PROVE THAT SHE WAS TELLING THE TRUTH...

JUST SAYING....LOL

Soetoro

I do forget apostrophe's when I type, good call. My pinkie doesn't make it over there, don't(') know why. Sitting Bull is in the middle of her own personal Little Big Horn. Not going to be pushed around anymore.

Puckett

Why do you think she hired one of "GUILTY AS HELL" OJ Simpson's attorneys. BECAUSE SHE'S ALWAYS AS GUILTY AS HE WAS.

Posted at 7:38 PM on Feb 8, 2011 by Sally

~~~

That's some brilliant logic there. Only guilty people hire competent criminal defense attorneys. So since she hired one she must be guilty. I mean why else would she possible hire one?

TMZ gossip logic at it's finest.

Lisa

Sitting Bull, I'm glad u r still with us. And I'm glad you turned off the caps lock. Now I can take you more seriously...

Baylee13

Posted at 7:53 PM on Feb 8, 2011 by Soetoro

Sitting Bull is now lovingly called Running With No Brain.

Puckett

It IS stealing if you walk out of the store with something that's not yours and you decide not to return it until a search warrant is issued!

Posted at 6:16 PM on Feb 8, 2011 by Brooke

Wrong, the law requires there to be intent to steal in order for it to be criminally prosecutable as theft. The fact the owner reported it stolen isn't proof in itself that it was actually stolen.

I hope Lindsay is serious about pleading not guilty and taking it to trial. Get this case in front of a jury and it's got reasonable doubt written all over it!

Don't plead out Lindsay! :)

Lisa

I don't know if it's just me, but I skim over the posts that are all caps. I don't like it when people shout - especially when it's over something that's really insignificant in the big scope of life. Just saying....

Soetoro

As for the tyranny, we are "commoners" remember? Im sure as a student of history you understand tyranny is abusive power of the state or its rulers. If you are referring to the tyranny of the majority (the classic problem with a true Democracy) that you are feeling, it has nothing to do with me or anyone on this board. The good news for you genius, is we don't live in a Democracy we live in a Republic. There are protections that protect the minority from tyrannical majority unlike in a Democracy.

darcy

"Quit stalking around TMZ all the time looking for people to be jealous of and get off your fat asses and get a life you ***s.

Posted at 7:08 PM on Feb 8, 2011 by Eric"

How many times are you going to "stalk around TMZ" and advise people to get a life?

Once you learn what irony is could you please let Sitting Bull know? Thanks in advance.

dreamon

Well Lindsay is an adult. She has ample experience with the law and the courts and with the entertainment and fashion industry. If she wants to fight this, it's certainly her right.

I do think however, that if there was a real piece of meaningful exculpatory evidence, that SCH would have laid on the DA yesterday and this matter would not have proceeded to the laying of a charge.

I don't think that Meyers is pursuing this with the idea that the prosecution will be unsuccessful. They can't afford a public mistake of that sort.

What ever the legal outcomes, the damage to Lindsay's legitimate acting and design career are really substantial and won't go away for really some time. She is a Z-lister for the time being.

I fear that she really thinks that getting two of her friends to vouch for her in court will exonerate her and all will be well. Is she pursuing some moment of vindication through this case where she feels she will stand at the end of it and say "See! None of it has been true. They're all out to get me and I won"? I hope not, because it's magical thinking.

I also fear that Lindsay also really ENJOYS all this. Really thrives on being a regular contributor to tabloid dramas. It's either a mental problem or a MORAL one. Either way it will end sadly if she keeps escalating it. Time will tell.

JLS

You can BET there are more instances wherein she has stolen stuff. Remember all the photo shoots where she walked off with stuff? How about the fur coat she took?

Oh yeah, she will plead not guilty but only because Shawn Chapman Holley tells her to.

LL is remarkable immature. What until she gets to state prison! Prior to that, they are going to jail her for violating terms of her probation. She's going to post bail but eventually, she is going to state prison for this. Just watch.