'Deadliest Catch' Star Honored -- One Year After Death

2/9/2011 2:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It's been one year since "Deadliest Catch" star Captain Phil Harris passed away -- and TMZ has learned his sons will honor his memory in the place they felt closest to him ... on a fishing boat.

0209-capt_phil_EX_Getty

We're told Jake and Josh Harris are currently on board the boat their dad made famous -- the F/V Cornelia Marie because they feel their dad would have wanted them to treat the day like any other day ... and continue to run the family business.

Sources close to the family tells us the boys just wrapped up a successful season of Opilio crabbing and are now headed to Kodiak, AK for cleaning and repairs.

As we previously reported, both Jake and Josh have expressed interest in following in Phil's footsteps ... and captain their own boats one day.

0209_remembering_phil_harris_footer

Doris

Thanks for remembering "Capt Phil" he was a memorable man, good luck to J & J

kim

If you guys don't have anything "nice" to say about the deceased then DON"T. the rest of us DO CARE and want to keep the memory of the regular guy who LOVED his family and WORKED HARD alive. Phil is an American icon and you should respect eveyone's feelings and keep your unkind and stupid remarks to yourselves. This is a sad commentary on what people in general have sunk to today. We love Phil and feel as if he is part of our family along with his two sons. We have the same struggles daily and try to do good and seem to get handed the wrong end of the stick. The good always go first.....people like you (who have nothing good to say) seem to live forever.

moe

If you don't like it than read something else. You're rude and distasteful comments shows what a lonely life you have. My condolences to your family. To Family, Friends and Fans of Capt. Phil....a year and it seems like forever and sometimes like only a minute. remembering the good and the bad is necessary but painful.

johnny

Man some of u people need a heart better yet u need Jesus.God bless you Phil u will be missed.

Jeana Bireline

Wow some people don't have any mannors for other peoples feelings,doesn't matter what he did its the caring for his kids that are still here,if ya don't like it don't saynothing at all. Have a litte respect for other peoples feelings. RIP Phil!

art

The best show ever and u ppl have no ideal what the hell is going on, Its a job a real man would do, but u wuzzie couldn't do. I'll never forget you phil, god bless you

ignorantmffkr

You people are a bunch of filthy low life assh**les with clearly nothing better to do with your time than trash talk a man, who left behind two hard working sons, who by the WAY *******s, will be reading this. you're all a bunch of motherf**kers and karma is a bitch. The person who made the Bohner comment, eat **** and die, trash :) If you don't like what TMZ posted, MOVE ON.

ignorantmffkr

ricky

you know those of you who are making nasty comments about phil and his sons jake and josh have a good point about the cause of death. nobody is honoring him for that those of you that are obviously not fans of a great show and the impact of phil not being on anymore is very sad. Phil harris was very open about his issues and problems that hopefully people will learn from. besides phil did more than kill crab. he was a man of many talents. for those of you that are saying who gives a blah blah well unless you actully followed the man his kids and the rest of the fleet of crabers you should shut the hell up. phil there are alot of people who do give a ???? cant wait for the new season to start airing. i wish the whole fleet well, it is going to be a rough thing to do. carry on jake and josh just try to get along your father would want that for you.

Deborah

Captain Phil you are missed. RIP my friend.

ladyhawk0053

Wow....obviously the people that posted such cruel messages on here have absolutely zero caring and compassion. If you feel so negatively about something, why don't you just keep it to yourself???? How would you feel if someone were talking about your family like that? Have any of you ever even watched that show? Most likely not. Those men are tough guys with a very hard and dangerous job. Likely you negative people would not even be able to come close to handling a job like that. Wow. This is the first time I've read on here and I am truly appalled. Of course I'm sure that you all are perfect and do nothing or have ever done anything wrong in your lives.....hypocrites. Once again, all I can say is wow. Captain Phil was an amazing man and I am sure he will be missed by many. So, if you don't like or care about that show...don't read the posts on it and please don't comment. Of course, we do have freedom of speech so I guess I don't have any right to say that to you. You do have the right to say what you want, but so do I. You stink. Captain Phil was a real man...good and bad...
Oh, and by the way, they don't "drop nets in the water" which proves to me that some of you have never even watched the show. WOW.

ladyhawk0053

PS Ditto on #34, 35, 36, 38, and 39!!!!!

Deborah

Phil was the reason I watched Deadliest Catch. I haven't watched since he passed. I admired him. He loved his family his work and life. God guide those he left behind. I will always remember you my friend. To his sons and family so sorry for your loss.......

Bon-Estebon

Dam there are a lot of sick people out there!!!! All you seen in him was the smoking and negative stuff, I wonder if you all would say the same thing if that was your Father, Dad, Grandfather????? All the people that leave negative comments, Why the hell did you click on his link Dumbasses??????

Terri

Phil was one hell of a man, everyone who disrespects him should really be ashamed of themselves. He was a great father and a great friend. I personally will really miss him on the show, I just wish I could have met him, don't find many good friends in life. God is watching over him and his boys!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments