'Celeb Rehab' Rocker -- Busted with Prescription Pills

2/18/2011 1:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Former Alice in Chains bassist Mike Starr was carrying an unmarked bottle of prescription drugs when cops arrested him in Utah last night ... this according to police documents obtained by TMZ.

0218_mike_starr_Getty_EX

Cops say Starr -- who appeared on "Celebrity Rehab" in 2009 -- was in possession of 6 pills of a painkiller called Opana and 6 pills of Xanax ... an anti-anxiety drug.

According to the documents, Starr didn't have a prescription for either drug -- and was arrested on 2 felony counts of possession of a controlled substance.

Starr was taken to a nearby police station ... where he is still being held on $20,000 bail.

UPDATE: According to the police report, Mike tried to pull the whole "Do you know who I am?" card -- saying"

"[Mike] stated 'Hey officer, have you heard of Alice in Chains? I used to be the base [sic] guitarist for them. We are down here in Utah. Me and Travis are putting together a new band.'"

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Linda

That is so sad. It looks like he lead a sad life too, poor guy. Imagine the only thing that you can say that you did in your life was be a bassist in a band years ago. Very very sad, I feel for the poor guy.

Woot

RIP, Mikey. You tried so hard!

OnlineCriticChick

No NO NO NO NO......this kills me. Damn.

MeanQueen

So tell me #12, and many others here,... How do you like it now?

sadie main

Now you see that Sober Houses and the mythology of addiction is just a money making scheme. Dr. Drew should be ashamed of himself.

mitch

hey buddy,I remember all the good times back when we were kids.

thela

I am completely saddened by Mike Starr's passing. I've been clean for 7 years now/ Went back to college at 47 to be an addictions counselor. I follow celeb rehab and sober house, yes they are exploitative, but good tools for anybody entering the field. I was really pulling for Mike, but some things can't be overcome. God bless and God speed, Mike Starr...somebody here loves you!~!

Heavy Hitter

What a shame. Mike has passed away since. Xanax's are extremely addictive and very easy to overdose on. Especially when mixed with opiates. Pills are hard to kick but it can be done. Been there, done that. RIP: Mike Starr

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6