51-Year-Old Flavor Flav

CARDED

at Liquor Store

2/23/2011 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

He's been world famous for more than 20 years -- but 51-year-old Flavor Flav was forced to SHOW ID before he could buy cigarettes at a Las Vegas convenience store Monday night ... TMZ has learned.

0222_flavor_flav_carded_EX_TMZ
We're told Flav asked to buy a pack of grape-flavored Swisher Sweets ... when the clerk asked Flav for identification proving he was of age.

Flav respectfully obliged ... and tells TMZ, "I wasn’t bothered ... I was flattered that she asked me for my ID" ... adding, "The woman was there doing what she had to do, her job.”
0209_big_bling_footer

Gloria Unread

I agree with poster #1: It's not because he physically looks young, it's becuase he dresses and acts so immature!

Xander

A friend of mine works at the El Capitan in Hollywood and they card everyone that pays by credit card. That includes the numerous celebrities that come by even if they know who it is. She found asking Drew Barrymore her ID very awkward.

angelwolf333

im surpriswd by his responce.

when i read the headline i thought he had went nuts on her but he did the right thig the respectable thing even though he is filthy rich and famous

casting couch

Who the hell wears clock necklaces anymore? Oh yeah, dumbasses.

will

hey everyone who didn't know this. The company pocodot is trying to trick youtube viewers into making pocodot accounts. That comment you see is fake and so are the thumbs up. Do not make a pocodot, it is lame. I just made one and they won't let me delete it. Please copy and paste this into every video with fake pocodot highest rated comments before anyone else gets sucked into this bs.

Jackie

I'm 27 and f!ck i get asked for ID when i go to buy Alcohol, condoms...even entering some clubs. Sometimes it pisses me off, but sometimes i just take it easy. And oh yeah..when i look in the mirror i see myself as older.....lol...

Anyway that dude needs to start dressing more like a grown up than a teen.

vegas1028

I am a little curious as to what store carded him (or even what part of Vegas/Henderson)??? Because I know he had an APARTMENT here in Vegas at some point!!

Truth

WHAT AN IDIOT... NO DOUBT THE CLERK CARDED HIM FOR HIS MENTAL INTELLIGENCE. WE ALL KNOW HE'S WAAAAY UNDER 18 IN THAT DEPARTMENT. LIKE, WHAT 51YR OLD WEARS CLOCK NECKLACES. JACKAZZ FOR REAL. NEXT!!

Mike

Hey Flav share your beauty secrets? HOW DO YOU STAY SO YOUNG LOOKING??!!!

MIDNIGHT TOKER

they forgot to add that after wards he brought the place and fired her

they card to buy condoms..since when

sean

Can anyone say "blunt time" He is going to take the tobacco out of the cig.and use the grape leaf to roll a phatty boom batty,enjoy bro and keep the faith..

bob

hey you can say what you want about flav, but the guy didn't pull the "don't you know who i am?" crap most celebs (and a lot of pseudo-celebs) would have trotted out. maybe one of the reasons this guy is still seen around (aside from his willingness to engage in reality tv) is that he's an honestly decent individual. where are the rest of those from his era these days?

Keith walton

Who cares about this idiot? Or this article. Have people in this country become so obsesed with these flakey celebs. that they would consider this as important news. Take a good long look around america we have alot more bigger issues and problems in this country that need more attention then waisting time reading or writing about crap like this or these flakes.

Ty

This place looks like a Terrible Herbst Convenient Store. They card everyone no matter how old you are.

FlamingoNut

The clerk probably thought, this dude looks like Flav, let me find out. Duh.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments