D.A.'s Offer: Six Months in Jail for Lindsay

2/23/2011 3:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with the Lindsay Lohan case tell TMZ ... the offer Deputy D.A. Danette Meyers made to Lindsay's lawyer in chambers was SIX MONTHS in jail.

0223_danette_lindsay_tmz_EX

Judge Keith Schwartz said in open court he had a feeling Shawn Holley would pass on the D.A.'s offer.  That's because Lindsay will not accept jail time -- at least not now.

But here's why we're almost positive Lindsay will eventually cop a plea.  She is going to jail no matter what.

The judge ruled Lindsay's preliminary hearing and probation violation case will be heard at the same time.  At the end of the preliminary hearing, if the judge feels it's more likely than not that she stole the necklace, Lindsay will be thrown in jail immediately while she awaits trial on the grand theft case.

So even if Lindsay is ultimately found not guilty at trial, she'll still be in jail for the probation violation.

Short story ... it's likely Holley will plead guilty or no contest on behalf of her client, and then hope the judge gives Lindsay less than 6 months.

Davey Boy

All you bleeding-heart liberals need to stop "blaming the parents". Yes, Lindsay has pathetic, twisted excuses for "parents", but when you say that crap it merely enforces that it's not Lindsay's fault.

NO one forced Lindsay to lead a life where she chronically feels compelled to steal anything and everything that doesn't belong to her, merely because she wants it.

There comes a point in EVERYONE'S life where you stop the blame game!!

noneofyourbusiness

I love how people try to legal talk/analyze others comments, its funny as sh^t.

---

I love the fact that both times this judge has directly addressed LL and in the most non-judgemental and simple terms possible, has told her what to expect, and if she has any questions to consult her lawyer. I expect it's to prevent LL from claiming she had no Idea that what ever she might do in the future was not what was expected!!!

FROMFARAWAY

IF THIS WAS BOSTON - LINDSAY WOULD BE IN JAIL! SOMEONE SHOULD LOOK AT THE LA COURT SYSTEM - THE LAWS WERE BROKEN - MULTIPLE TIMES- PROBATION VIOLATED! ENOUGH SAID - IT IS TIME FOR LILO TO REALLY MEET THE "MEAN GIRLS"

SERIOUSLY...EVERYTIME THE MEDIA SHOWS COURT PROCEEDINGS FROM LA - ALL I CAN DO IS LAUGH. PARIS THOUGHT HER COKE WAS A PIECE OF GUM, OJ WALKED, LILO. IM SURE I AM MISSING SOME DOOSIES.

OH YEAH....AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE CIRCUS AROUND MJ'S TRIAL

dreamon

I suspect that SCH will come back with a plea offer that has more rehab, pshychiatric counselling and reduced jail time.

Davey Boy

I'd by lying if I said I wasn't irritated that we didn't get a fresh mugshot today. I mean, I'm having coasters made - it's like my production timeline means nothing to them.

Posted at 10:34 AM on Feb 23, 2011 by Home Skillet
-------------------------------------------------------

This post makes my Top 5 of the month so far!!

Let me know if you can incorporate a few into pooper scoopers.

Home Skillet

Hey, wait, there DaveyBoy - I'm a bleeding heart liberal far, far, far to the left, and I say we lock up this little ****er and throw away the key. Don't be so quick to categorize us liberals like that - your conservatard roots are showing.

Davey Boy

I'm more of a Libertarian by trade, but your point is made.

AI

Lindsey does need help, but for all of the non-famous, average, poor youth and minorities out there with issues, family or whatever, no one pats them on the back and says, "let me help you, you've had a hard life. That's why you are doing this. You don't have to go to jail." They get the book thrown at them and get locked up for years, and that sh-t ain't fair!

Lindsey needs jail time to get it together. I just hope she won't just serve a couple of days because of overcrowding.

Team Danette!!!

Mary

I agree with everyone that said if she gets 6 months than she should serve 6 months and not 6 hours. If it was anyone else, we would have to serve the 6 months. I'm tired of these celebrities getting out for overcrowding or Lord only knows what other reasons. Also, someone needs to tell Lindsay what the definition of "conservative" is. She looks like a hooker in some of her outfits. I guess maybe she's trying to impress the judge but I don't think that is going to work. Her attorney of all people should tell her not to have her boobs hanging out or to wear tight short dresses. I think 6 months would do this girl some good. Instead of being known for her movies she's being known for the **** she pulls and to tell you the truth...it's getting old!!!

lou

@68 Shanon, you called it, six months in jail for non violent offenders in LA is about two weeks in jail..........all the haters will so pissed!!!!

Posted at 10:40 AM on Feb 23, 2011 by john smith

----

No, John Smith, you are wrong. LINDSAY is the one who will be pissed as she is ADAMANT that she is NOT GOING TO JAIL.

Frankly, I'll be happy if she goes in even for a day so she has to know, yet again, what it feels like to lose freedom due to BREAKING THE LAW.

lou

Trollhan alert:

If this were your daughter or sister what purpose does it set
to put Lindsay in jail. She is a victim of poor choices and bad advice. Her being in jail won't make the streets of LA any safer. Are you all just nasty revenge nerds?? Who reading this isn't sorry for some of their poor decisions and should have been put in jail, but didn't?? Have a Heart.

Posted at 10:29 AM on Feb 23, 2011 by penny

---

First off, EVERY prison is a daughter or son of someone. Using that logic, NO ONE should be jailed.

Secondly, are you having the audacity to imply that we readers have done things that we should have been imprisoned for...but weren't? I've seen a few posters state that they'd been in trouble with the law in the past but did their time and moved on. UNLIKE Lindsay. I think it's ridiculously nervy of you to imply that we readers are all law breakers, and therefore Lindsay should be let off as a result of that. I find that incredibly insulting, frankly. YOUR little darling did the crime and must now do the time.

lou

Trollhan alert:

If this were your daughter or sister what purpose does it set

Posted at 10:29 AM on Feb 23, 2011 by penny

---

Kevin

She should get a year.

Donna

Beside all of Lohan's legal problems, will someone tell her lips look like a duck's lips!!!!
Looks like a quack, drives likes a quack, she is a quack!!