Actress & Pin-Up Jane Russell -- Dead at 89

2/28/2011 5:12 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Golden-age Hollywood actress and pin-up girl Jane Russell -- who starred in Howard Hughes' "The Outlaw" in 1943 -- has died.

0228_jane_russell_BN_getty_2
Russell also played Calamity Jane in 1948 alongside Bob Hope in "The Paleface" -- and subsequently starred with Marilyn Monroe in the 1953 musical "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes."

So far, no specific cause of death has been reported. Russell was 89.

Q

I loved her in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. An icon of the Hollywood's golden era. RIP.

Mitch

Beauty at it's best. Also starred with Mitchum in Macao and His Kind of Woman. Why does everyone always forget Mitch. Even Jimmy Stewart overshadowed him in death! RIP!

NDNchief

I bet she won't be snubbed in next years Oscar In Memorium, unlike COREY HAIM ! ! !

stu

ur comparing apples w/ oranges corey vs jane.
she was 89...we know "cause of death.

CJ

Ummm she was 89...I'm guessing cause of death was old age.

simon says

You know that Hollywood is dead, when a star of her magnitude,has barely a wisper said about her death,and some T.V star "charlie sheen" has non stop coverage...Tell me I live in the past, I do so gladly.

diogenes

Have to agree with simon says, The woman was a Hollywood Icon.
Sorry for her passing due to respiratory difficulties. Prayers for her and her family.

Criss

R.I.P.

master of news

Jane Russell, one of Hollywood's leading sex symbols dies
is so sad...
read here..
teladanseirampah.blogspot.com/

BSweet

I cannot believe Charlie Sheen gets more coverage than the death of Jane Russell. You should be ashamed of yourselves, TMZ. You're promoting bad actors with low mores, and it would be so much more positive to hear stories about Jane Russell and some nice pictures of her throughout the years. What has she been up to? Charities, functions, where did she go? I want to know!

Charlie the POS can die and I will be glad the air is a little cleaner in LA. Jane Russell dies, and THAT is a huge loss to Hollywood. She's so awesome! How can you just blow over her death with one little post?

You suck. I'm losing interest in this website very quickly.

Big Mamma Cornbread

ONE OF A KIND....LEGEND...ANGEL SPEEP.