'Men' Co-Creator -- The Show MUST Go On!!!

3/2/2011 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who co-created "Two and a Half Men" with Chuck Lorre is FIGHTING to make sure the show does NOT get canceled ... and has been telling people, "This show is not over."

0301_lee_chuck_EX_Getty

Lee Aronsohn – an executive producer on "Men" and "Big Bang Theory" -- has been vocal about NOT wanting to cancel "Men" .. especially because Lee recently made a deal to leave his post on "Big Bang Theory" to focus on Sheen's show.

But that was before the drama started.

Now, sources connected to the production tell us Lee had a "big meeting" with Chuck and a mystery third party yesterday regarding the fate of "Men."

We're told the mystery person could be another actor from the show ... or a bigtime exec.

Stay tuned ...

0228_two_half_men_cast_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

JLS

Charlie Sheen is brilliant on this show. He's naturally funny without any damn script!

That said they are going to have to allow him his private life and press ahead with the show as part of his professional life.

Without him, there is no show and no heap of revenue waiting for them.

Googie

Whatever the plans are, just not with Charlie. It will take at least a year, probably longer before he'd be the likable Charlie of before & not the babbling sick person he has become.

Sophie

Chuckles may not be alive much longer with the way he is going. A hundred other actors could fill n nicely. I always loved the show, but mania is mania and I know it when I see it. I had a friend who was bi-polar & manic off and on for years. It is like I am watching a repeat of my late friend.

Carvey

Has Charlie declared himself to be God yet? I'm a bit behind in today's Charlie circus.

TonyD

The show MUST go on with Charlie Sheen and Jon Cryer! Give us fans all 8 of the remaining season's episodes too!

juice

at least one of them realises, love him or hate him CHARLIE SHEEN = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Bunny

I love that show and I love Charlie, both Sheen and Harper. Hope they can work something out. There are not many funny sitcoms,hate to see the good ones go down the tubes. C'mon Charlie, finish out the season, your fans love you no matter what.

Georg

This being a business I could imagine Lorre go, arohnson taking over, the studio, seeing that Charlie got a watertight contract (their fault), wanting to go ahead.
In the end it'll just go on as before, hopefully with better episodes than the last couple.

documented_as_puzzling

the money schemes does wierd stuff to peoples head dont be late everybody - poop salt for everybody ----

TonyD

They had better NOT replace Charlie with another actor or it will be the kiss of death for this show and CBS. There's only one person who can play Charlie Harper and that's Charlie Sheen!

I think after all this BS between Charlie and Chuck that these guys will wise up and get back on track to making the best comedy show on air.

Don't let us fans down!

Sheen and Cryer = magic.

Sad sad

It doesn't say anything about keeping Charlie. If it does go on there is no way Charlie will be a part of this right now. He's sick.

stephanie

They should buy out Sheen's contract, replace him with a new actor (same Charlie Harper character), and move on down the road so this whole mess can be left in the past.

Joann

I have watched 2 1/2 Men since day 2 and believe Charlie does not make the show. ALL of the cast with their different personalities, Alan, Jake, Berta, Evelyn, crazy Rose, Alan's ex-wife and the tall dude who just joined the show WORKING TOGETHER make that show a hit.

Yea, it based loosely on Charlie's life but they can find another actor who can emulate Charlie's lifestyle. After all, it' not like Charlie was a rocket scientist.

The show may make it or it may not but I wish they give it a try.

TonyD

That's what I love about Charlie...he's a maverick...I should start being more maverickyky.

Lori

GOOD...glad to hear it!

Now seriously...put in ROB LOWE as the long lost "HALF" brother momma never talked about...put CHUCKLES into REHAB, let the kid become a man and BANG...you've got TWO and a "HALF" Men again!

Come on guys...it would be perfect.

Oh, and I absolutely LOVE The Big Bang Theory...smart, well written, great cast...I DVR it every week.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments