'Men' Co-Creator -- The Show MUST Go On!!!

3/2/2011 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who co-created "Two and a Half Men" with Chuck Lorre is FIGHTING to make sure the show does NOT get canceled ... and has been telling people, "This show is not over."

0301_lee_chuck_EX_Getty

Lee Aronsohn – an executive producer on "Men" and "Big Bang Theory" -- has been vocal about NOT wanting to cancel "Men" .. especially because Lee recently made a deal to leave his post on "Big Bang Theory" to focus on Sheen's show.

But that was before the drama started.

Now, sources connected to the production tell us Lee had a "big meeting" with Chuck and a mystery third party yesterday regarding the fate of "Men."

We're told the mystery person could be another actor from the show ... or a bigtime exec.

Stay tuned ...

0228_two_half_men_cast_footer

Carvey

@HM

My bad. I misunderstood. I apologize.

Posted at 1:54 AM on Mar 2, 2011 by Carvey

------------------------------------------

Quite alright. One of the Internet's weaknesses remains the inability to adequately convey emotion/inflection.

Posted at 1:57 AM on Mar 2, 2011 by HM

---

You're quite gracious. Thank you.

HM

It's VERY simple to keep the show going. Charlie is not the only draw, the other actors on the show are very endearing and funny.
[snip]

Posted at 1:50 AM on Mar 2, 2011 by Homer

-----------------------------------------------------

Agreed. That show has a fantastic "supporting" cast (more like an ensemble of lead actors and actresses). If each were given enough on-screen time -- particularly Jon Cryer, of course -- I believe "Two and a Half Men" could easily continue to be a big draw for CBS.

dimes

I kind of like the idea of replacing Charlie with Herb. I've always liked Ryan Stiles.

HM

You're quite gracious. Thank you.

Posted at 2:02 AM on Mar 2, 2011 by Carvey

----------------------------------------------

Thank you. I could credit my Canadian-ness, but I like to think I'd be the same if I were born elsewhere :-)

HM

If he's a glutton for punishment then he's picking the right people. Maybe he should try some of that drug called Charlie Sheen or blink his eyes and retrain his brain.

Posted at 1:59 AM on Mar 2, 2011 by Carvey

----------------------------------------------------

So many A-type personalities thrive on stress. This might explain the challenging personalities Mr. Lorre has chosen to work with over the years? He might become too bored otherwise.

Carvey

Jon Cryer has won an Emmy award for 2 1/2 Men. I don't believe Charlie has.

Though apparently Charlie has a cake which features a picture of an oscar statue with his head on it. I guess that's the same (in Charlie's world).

dimes

He worked on their iconic shows - Roseanne, Grace Under Fire, Cybill. Maybe he thinks he made them stahs.

HM

Posted at 2:06 AM on Mar 2, 2011 by dimes

-------------------------------------------------

Ryan Stiles comes across as such a lovely person, in every role I've seen him in! Such a likeable character. However, while he works very well in a Charlie-Alan-Herb triangle, I don't know that he could, or should, take on more responsibility. A little of Herb is great; too much, not really.

Carvey

Posted at 2:09 AM on Mar 2, 2011 by HM

----

Sounds plausible. I bet he's wishing his life was a bit more boring at the moment.

Carvey

@dimes

No doubt he thinks that.

HM

Posted at 2:13 AM on Mar 2, 2011 by Carvey

-------------------------------------------

LOL! That's a safe bet.

krys

It is very possible that Lorre will just step off stage 26 and perminently stay on stage 25. :) ONLY the real fans know what show is what. ;)

Carvey

@HM

You're Canadian, eh? Canadian's area always so friendly. What's up with that? Just being in such close proximity to the U.S. I would think our cynicism would have crossed the border and polluted your drinking water by now.

On a serious note, my wife and I are seriously thinking about moving to Canada. So be forewarned.

HM

[snip]

Posted at 2:10 AM on Mar 2, 2011 by Carvey

----------------------------------------------

I saw that pic. It looks to be a dummy cake he's holding up, with his face stuck on the head of an Academy Award and the year "2012" written below in icing. The guy's optimistic, that's for sure!

Carvey

@krys

Only true fans and people with access to Google. :)