D.A. Gets Financial Help From Oksana's Lawyer

3/3/2011 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

L.A. County District Attorney Steve Cooley -- whose office will soon decide the fate of Oksana Grigorieva and Mel Gibson -- attended 2 fundraisers on his own behalf at the home of the lawyer who negotiated Oksana's $15 million settlement ... which is the core of the extortion investigation.

0301-steve_george_EX

TMZ has learned Eric George, a prominent Beverly Hills civil lawyer, hosted both campaign fundraisers last year, while the L.A. County Sheriff's Department was conducting its investigation.

And documents reveal ... George contributed more than $8,000 to Cooley in 2010 ...  of that, George contributed $1,992 in August ... while the Sheriff's investigation of Oksana was going full bore ... we do know, however, George has had a long-standing friendship with Cooley and has made contributions to him in the past.

As TMZ first reported, George negotiated a $15 million package for Oksana during her mediation in May, 2010.  Law enforcement sources tell us ... Sheriff's investigators believe there's "strong evidence " that Oksana extorted Mel by threatening to release the explosive tapes unless she got the money.

TMZ broke the story that the D.A.'s office disagrees with Sheriff's investigators and has all but decided not to prosecute Oksana, but we're told Mel Gibson will be charged with misdemeanor domestic violence.

And we've learned ... Cooley has been involved -- holding a meeting in his office in December to review the case, though a D.A. spokesperson says no decisions were made during that meeting.

There is grousing among some people in law enforcement -- especially in the Sheriff's Department -- that Cooley should have completely removed himself from the decision-making process given the fundraisers and contributions from George.

George had no comment to TMZ, but a Sheriff's spokesperson has told us the only person under investigation in the extortion matter is Oksana.

Although sources tell us the die has already been cast, a D.A. spokesperson tells TMZ ... prosecutors will make a filing decision "very soon" and Cooley likely will not participate -- because he's about to go on a long-standing, out-of-town vacation for a week and a half.

The spokesperson would not say whether Cooley would make the filing decision if he's back in town when his deputies make their recommendation.

Majestik

A freighter full???
Oh wow! So, um, now probably wouldn't be a good time to admit it was a typo, right? Right. Forget I mentioned it.

Posted at 4:58 PM on Mar 5, 2011 by Curious

Typo, my arse, you've got a one track mind tonight. hehehehe

BTW, ROFLMAO, Diaphragm, for Oxymoronic? She'd have it strung onto a gold chain around her neck thinking it was the newest Rodeo Drive jewelry.

Curious

Typo, my arse, you've got a one track mind tonight. hehehehe

Posted at 5:01 PM on Mar 5, 2011 by Majestik
--------------------------------------------------
Pass the screen cleaner dammit! ROFLMAO!!!

Majestik

Sorry, I think I've been hanging out at the pool bar way too long tonight LOL.

I'm still waiting for Fuddy to come back, want to know what she thinks of my question and if she can fill in the answer to it.

Majestik

Oh, and Curious,

Not sure if you know anything about bowling but here goes. If Oxymoronic actually owned a Diaphragm, I could borrow it, place it on the bottom of my right bowling shoe and use it as a slider. I guarantee once she got it back, it would have more wear and tear from the bowling lanes then her actually using it.

Damn, why do I have a vision of this woman putting the thing up to her mouth and singing into it? Doesn't a voice teacher tell you to sing from the "DIAPHRAGM"?

Okay, I'll shut up now!!!!!

Brett

"8. On the night of the recording Mel I called Jimmy around or later, I put Mel on the speajer so Jimmy could hear his madness. I told him I was terrifyed in danger and need the place to stay with the baby that mel is threatenning to come and kill me. He told me to come to his place."

Why did this just hit me. (no pun intended!)

SHE CALLED JIMMY,

SHE PUT MEL ON SPEAKER so Jimmy COULD HEAR.

Gee I wonder how her phone records line up.

I wondered if this could explain the voice modulations on her tapes? I wonder if she actually was creating them while she had Jimmy on the phone?

Am I being too naive where Jimmy goes?

COuld it be possible?

She said she did the same where Robert and Alecia went.

Wonder if they HEARD the SAME CONVERSATION or what?

I am trying to picture this -

Mel Gibson calls her. most likely on her i-phone.

she says she PUTS HIM ON SPEAKER

And uses a different phone to call these other people.

And according to Oksana they hear Mel Gibson in real time.

How do they KNOW they are hearing anyone in real time?

The tape series contained missing pieces right?

Did these folks hear the REST? Kris Herzog claimed there were many conversations were Oksana was the one screaming and Mel Gibson was trying to calm her down. Wonder if her witnesses heard Oksana screaming? wonder if her computer had the missing bits?

i also have a question about how iphone dock and information is automatically transferred to to the MacPro. How is it tagged? Is it autotime/date stamped? Is the size of the material noted? Sort of like when one downloads photos from a camera to the computer? Just curious how that would work?

Anyone?

Posted at 1:28 PM on Mar 5, 2011 by V

V

It just boggles the mind....Lets see, in her "terrified in danger", "Mel is threatening to come and kill me" state, she has the presence of mind to put Jimmy on the speaker phone so he could hear Mel, but NOT call 911 for help.

Why didnt she put 911 on the speaker phone so they could hear "threatening Mel" and dispatch the cops out to save her? Seems to me she was more concerned in having her "witnesses" hear "threatening Mel", than the proper authorities.

Oh how she spins and spins! If she feared Mel Gibson, why did she NEVER CALL 911, NOT ONCE!

In my opinion, she never feared Mel Gibson. Mel Gibson was set-up.

Curious

Ok, I am officially friggen useless and my face hurts.

Diaphragn microphone? Ahem.

Aaannnnnyways - ya know, I can't find a damn thing about any Clinton fund raiser in '97. It doesn't make sense anyway. Clinton won his second term in '96, so he wouldn't need a fund raiser in '97 would he?

The Kennedy story is just more Miss Oksana ka-ka.

Majestik

V

In my opinion, she never feared Mel Gibson. Mel Gibson was set-up.

Posted at 5:22 PM on Mar 5, 2011 by Brett

Not to mention, Brett, this stinks to high heaven and you have to wonder how many cell phones she owns or how many LANDLINES did she have at the house.

First off, to record Mel, as she stated on her Iphone...according to my son's expertise and has had to do it on many occassions when getting phone calls from his recovery houses.....how many freakin' phones does she own. To record MEL on her IPHONE, she has to have him on the landline, NOT THE CELL, the LANDLINE, while he's on speakerphone on the landline then she can record him on the IPHONE. How the HELL did she call the other people unless she was recording on her Iphone, recording him off the landline and then calling Jimmy and the couple on ANOTHER phone. I hope that makes sense and everyone can understand. But seriously, WHO ELSE was in the room with her (HERZOG????)

Scenario #1 - Mel calls her on her cell - she puts it on speaker. Herzog is standing right there and uses his IPHONE to record the convo, hence we get, "WE" can hear you.

Scenario #2 - Exactly the same as above only it's Jimmy da Weasel standing there with his Iphone.

Scenario #3 - Oxymoronic gets a call from Mel on her cell, she tells him her battery is dying, call the landline. Boom, SETUP.

Scenario #4 - She doesn't answer her cell, he calls the house, she automatically starts recording.

NOW!!! Jimmy Da Weasel seems to have been around even when she and Mel were together. She claimed he was there the night of the blowup, claimed he was the first she called when the phone calls came through. HOW ABOUT...TFH, Jimmy was in the house the night of Feb. when he phone call was recorded, he was the one that coached her on what to say what to do. Let's remember, Jimmy claims he'd seen major blowup for nine months between Mel and Oxymanure so he would KNOW what would set him off, what to tell Oxymanure to say to get him going. I'm starting to wonder if Jimmy isn't a HUGE part of this whole scandal, come one, how much money did oxymanure offer Jimmy to get into the thick of it?

Majestik

Ok, I am officially friggen useless and my face hurts.

Diaphragn microphone? Ahem.

The Kennedy story is just more Miss Oksana ka-ka.

Posted at 5:26 PM on Mar 5, 2011 by Curious

Curious, my little cheese curl, I should've said, when Clinton was running for President the first time, was Joseph Crotchrot in there doing fundraising.

Hell, I just didn't type that...waiting, waiting...waiting, press the delete button, Majestik, just press it.

Janeny

professional ethics; his lectures have helped countless young lawyers on the path to fulfilling law careers.
Majestic

He should lecture more on this one. :( Outstanding career though.

Majestik

Geez, put down the beer can, Majestik, put down the beer can.

I have no self-restraint tonight, my apologies.

Tellthetruth59

Thought you guys would get a kick out of this comment left about Ox on a gossip site when she first started dating Gibson. Bet you all didn't know she was a child prodigy.

#27 Janet Thompson Deaver

Before Timothy Dalton or Mel Gibson came into Oksana Grigorieva’s life, she was a virtuoso performer and child prodigy trained in the classics. The ability to merge Joni Mitchell into Rachmaninoff with finesse proves her genius. No man possesses Oksana; therefore, when the press states’ “Gibson’s girlfriend” they incorrectly state Oksana Grigorieva’s destined place in history. She uses no man; however, others used her! Before condemning, listen to her songs. Oksana, the world is yours to conquer! Oksana is a gifted pianist
@reply | flag this

# 28 laughing @ 08/21/2009 at 3:45 pm
Hi Oksana/Janet!!! Nice to see you posting about yourself.

Curious

Posted at 5:42 PM on Mar 5, 2011 by Majestik
------------------------------------------------

You didn't press,.
Now I can't breathe!
Crotchrot - BWAHAHAHAHA!

Janeny

And there's this one -

shows what a talented pianist she is.

Posted at 4:35 PM on Mar 5, 2011 by Curious

So, Ted pulled the strings and the visa was issued. As simple as that. I am sure she had his direct cell phone #.

Majestik

Majestic

He should lecture more on this one. :( Outstanding career though.

Posted at 5:43 PM on Mar 5, 2011 by Janeny

I agree Janeny, he's had a stellar career, for all intent and purposes he seems like he cares BUT...with the link to Eric George, fundraising and politics - again he sounds like every other crooked lawyer. Honestly, I don't believe any lawyer, that is trying to make a name for themselves, or has done so, and is considered (from one of the articles I read) one of the TOP lawyers should be involved in anything but Lawyer stuff, NO POLITICAL crap.

I liken this to Opray Winfry, forgive my off topic a bit. This woman has a squillion viewers and multi-squillion fans. She used her show, her voice, her influence - to get Obama elected and if y'all don't think she was part of that, think again.

If this Cotchett is this HIGHLY regarded in the professional business, that looked up to among lawyers practising and up and coming, and everyday people look up to this man, he could get "KRUSTY THE CLOWN" elected for office.

Just sayin'!!!!

Confused

Posted at 5:36 PM on Mar 5, 2011 by Majestik

Hertzog couldn't be there. Remember he was sentenced in Oct. 2009 and served 255 days---that would be being released sometime in May depending when he started serving his time.

Previous 15 Comments | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments