Huckabee

Rips Natalie Portman

Over Pregnancy

3/4/2011 12:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Fox News host Mike Huckabee claims Oscar winner Natalie Portman is a bad role model for America -- all because she got knocked up before marriage.

0304-huckabee-portman-bn-getty-01
Huckabee went on a radio show Monday and said, "One of the most troubling things is that people see a Natalie Portman or some other Hollywood starlet that boasts of, hey look, we're having children, we're not married, but we're having children and they're doing just fine."

Portman is engaged to her baby daddy -- co-star Benjamin Millepied.

Huckabee -- a Republican who could make a run for the White House -- added, "There aren't really a lot of single moms out there that are making millions of dollars each year by being in a movie"

"I think it gives a distorted image that not everybody hires nannies and caretakers and nurses. Most single moms are very poor, uneducated, can't get a job, and if it weren't for government assistance, their kids would be starving to death and would not get healthcare."

So far, Portman has yet to respond.

Previous 15 Comments | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37

Sarah

I totally agree with Mike! It does send the wrong message. Sure celebs can afford to have a zillion babies but those of us in the real world aren't making what they make. Glad someone finally said it.

Joe

Another "genius" Republican throwing rocks from his glass house. What the heck is going on in the Republican party? It's like an idiot magnet.

Diana

Totally offended by this guy. I am a single mom in the US military. My kid isn't starving, I am not uneducated or poor. What a narrow minded stereotype to put all single mothers into.

cory hardmon

I'm a single mother with a great job and no assistance at all. My BF and I work hard to take care of our daughter and to have what we have. Huck skrew you !

Integrity2010

Sounds like Huckabee did what Kanye West did to Taylor Swift!

After all of Natalie Portman's hard work and then sweeping
the awards shows, is that why she's being targeted?

Angelina Jolie, Madonna, Sandra Bullock, Nicole Richie and many more actresses had babies out of wedlock, and don't forget
all of the unborn babies that were aborted due to infidelity/
extramarital affairs.

Also, now in the updated Webster's dictionary you will find
the word "deadbeat daddy," NOT the word, deadbeat mommy.

allison

ARRRGGGHHH!!! Why do you have to be christian or republican to have values and morals? what is being "lawfully wedded" anyways but a silly piece of paper - It does NOT a marriage make! I have a partner, he's my husband as much as any other "married' couple could claim. We share everything, we love eachother deeply, and the most amazing and important thing in our lives is our beautiful daughter. We have been together ten years. I have a university degree, and a full-time job with a media company. I have no problem teaching my child morals and values, and I don't think that having a child out of a traditional marriage is wrong - because my life couldn't be more right!

andre`

If anyone listen to Huckabee Old Hard Cracked face than they are stupid than he is. He is a nobody who should worry about his own business than someone else. Even if he right or wrong, its not his place to say anything about someone else. He needs to worry about his own family and how ugly they are. Hes not referencing that out of shape Bristol Palin whose in the public eye and had a baby not married, even though her entire family is washed up, especially her ugly dumb mother Sarah Palin.

SvladCjelli

Holy crap! It's Murphy Brown all over again! Huckabee is a dolt!

Nina

Mike is a blooming idiot. What business of it is his who's getting pregnant without being married? This is a new day and time. There are more important issues in the world. Natalie Portman is a great actress and will probably be an even better mom. These damn republicans are so full of crap. It's a new day and age dumbass. :)

JJCNA

im a single mom with 2 kids...i can pay my bills just fine with no goverment help thank you very much...GO F*CK YOURSELF HUCKABEE!!!!!!

Tasha

I really can not stand when someone wants to "lump" a group of people together in a category. I am a single mother and I had my child at 19 years old. I have raised him BY MYSELF WITHOUT ASSISTANCE FROM THE GOVERNMENT! I am a college graduate and have had the same job for 8 years so PLEASE you Republican A**hole DO NOT put me in category that you obviously do not fully understand!

Claribel

Totally ignorant to stereotype. I am a single mother and work very hard to provide for my kids without any government assistance. I belive that a great mother is not identified for being married or single. Single mothers do raise great man, provide and even get their children through college on their own. I'm not broke and i'm very educated. Besides government system is all fk'd up and should only help those that show desire to improve their lifestyle.

Haruhi

Um... Who said Natalie Portman is single? She's engaged to the father, and even if they were just dating or had a one night stand, I'm sure support would be given. Unless the guy wanted to be sued by Natalie.
And anyway, my sister is an unmarried mother who broke up with her "baby daddy", but he still gives support and spends time with my nephew. People need to stop believing everything they see on TV or hear about in stereotypes. Not all dads are dead-beats.

ANC

Wow - I'm just now reading this comment. My mom is a single parent who makes over $100K. She receives no government assistance, nor any money from my father. I grew up to graduate from the Ivy League, & am currently attending medical school. Such a shame single women can't make it in the world, right?

Previous 15 Comments | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37