Lindsay Lohan -- I Won't Take Plea Deal with Jail Time

3/5/2011 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan doesn't care what her lawyer is negotiating ... she's not going to cop a plea to anything if it involves jail time ... sources connected to LiLo tell TMZ.

0212_lindsay_lohan_shawn_chapman_holley_getty_ex
TMZ broke the story ...Shawn Holley is trying to broker a plea deal that will almost certainly involve jail time.  Holley and prosecutor Danette Meyers are going to see Judge Keith Schwartz next week, and Holley wants to take the judge's temperature on how much jail time he'll give her if she pleads guilty.  The judge made it clear at the last hearing -- Lindsay WILL do time -- probably 3-6 months.

But sources close to Lindsay tell TMZ ... she doesn't care what kind of deal Holley gets -- if there is ANY jail time involved, she wants no part of it. We're told Lindsay wants to go to trial and believes the surveillance tape will clear her name.

Note to Lindsay -- it's a bad gamble.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Cartman

Come on Linds, jail time is the only true rehab you will ever get.

Embrace!

blacktie009

Good! So she can go to jail for her probation violation, then risk up to a year in prison.

Her father seems to be driving Ms. Lohan's legal strategy now.

LA me

Since when has Linds listen to anyone except the voices in her own head. She' got to an attorny's worst nightmare!!

Ivan in Phoenix

She's rolling the dice if she won't take a plea with time attached. She could end up with more than 6 months if she pleads innocent and is found guilty. At least her attorney will get some time off while LiLo cools her heels in the pen.

Dylan

Hey lou, I hate your guts!

Janar

I don't blame Lindsay at all. Because I would'nt do it either, and have to go to jail too. No, I don't think so. I would go to trial first.

Kari

I keep wondering if/when the Lindsay Lohan's and Charlie Sheen's of the world realize they aren't "special"---yes---guys--rules apply to you. Lindsay, the legal system is going to determine the outcome of this---not you.

Truth

SUCKS FOR LESLO!! EVERY1 IN AMERICA KNOWS SHE'S PATHETIC. HARD TO GET A TAINTED JURY THAT SYMPATHIZES WITH THE BITCH.

TRUTH!!!!!

Casey

She is going to screw herself over. Take the plea. This judge won't be as harsh. The judge chosen for her trial, if she does go to trial is a hardass.

Thomas

Who does she think she is kidding? She'll go to jail anyway. She will be found guilty of probation violation and will have to do her % of whatever she gets sentenced to. Jail is unavoidable at this point. The DA will be going in on the probation violation as well as the Grand theft.

Idiot!

This is the best news I've had in days. BLOWhan arrogantly refusing to accept a deal (again, she doesn't think the rules apply to her) means she'll go to trial & will not only lose, but will be seriously verbally smacked down by the judge who will hand out a 6 month jail sentence. She'll be a convicted felon, she'll have to do jail time (PLEASE put her in general population, where she can be intimidated & beaten down on a daily basis; being horrified of jail is the ONLY thing that will cause her to use her brain finally), and she'll have to stand up in court & have the judge read her the riot act. Since white oprah & her attentionwhoring daddy are useless as parents, it's about time someone explain the realities of life to her...

Sheeple Herder

Imagine if she only had the common sense not to be a criminal who steals people's stuff and breaks probation like there's no consequence for doing so? Imagine if she only had a clue? Imagine if she respected others? Imagine if she was a decent, law abiding citizen?

Oh never mind. Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny have a better chance of not being imaginary than any of those questions. Enjoy jail, you earned it!

Cartman

I always chuckle because I know Lindsay is reading what I type.

Girl, I wish I had a direct line to you because I could turn you from the "panty-less Britney" to the "high earning Britney". LOL

I am cursed with financial vision, lol.

Your momma shouldn't have put you on dope at a young age. As messed up as it sounds your daddy is probably closer to what you need. And what you really need is to just stop and chill.

duh

This story makes no sense. Even if she fights this, she's going to do jail time. Even if she's acquitted, she's going to do jail time. I would understand if the point was to avoid a felont conviction, but the story isn't saying that.. it's just saying she won't agree to jail time.

Stupid story, stupid reporting, or both.

Joann

Let her go to trial so she can get years instead of months in jail. Lindsay would be wise to take the plea deal. She won't serve her full sentence anyway, the celebs never do. Probably be out in 2 weeks or less

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments