Lohan to Sue Jewelry Store Over Surveillance Tape

3/8/2011 2:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan is preparing to sue Kamofie & Company jewelry store -- claiming they had no right  to cash in  from the sale of the infamous surveillance tape ... because Lindsay never gave them the right to use her image for profit ... TMZ has learned.

Lindsay Lohan Surveillance Tape

Sources connected to the surveillance video tell TMZ ... Kamofie sold the rights to distribute the tape to the Associated Press for at least $40k. The AP has since struck a deal with "Entertainment Tonight" in which the show got exclusive rights to air the tape for one week.

We're told Lohan met with her lawyers today ... no word on when she plans to file the lawsuit.

UPDATE: A rep for Kamofie tells us, "We regret to hear there is trepidation by Miss Lohan in connection with the video. "

The statement continues, "We hope that everyone understands that this is beyond our control, the flood of the requests to see this video were simply too overwhelming.  It was truly necessary to put it out."

0202_lidsay_lohan_accessories_fame_footer

Franc

More bad legal advice for this idiot. Dream on and take your jail time, which I hope is lengthy.

Cherie

I'm tired of this law-breaking bitch. Just toss her keester in jail already.

Alex

I wonder if she would sue me then if I sold the video of her gagging on my schlong?

Christy

Shut up thief...go to jail already.

dreamon

Surveillance video is sold ALL the TIME to news organizations. this is an empty threat. It's a chance you take when you walk out onto the street. Video cameras are everywhere.

Afte this story, NO store is going to want to see Lindsay in their doorway, are they?

OnlineCriticChick

No I am not going to sue my own mother, I believe there is a big difference in baby pictures and the distribution of a video that I have not approved. I never get on here much but I want to Thank the Fans that are sticking with me, I read what you've said and I Thank you. As for the harsh comments about me, it's easy to say what you want when you have no idea who I am and your life isn't under a giant microscope. This is all I have to say. Peace. Lindsay Lohan.

Chaps

Her joyous claims of this event getting her off aren't true?

guess viewers made the decision:

G
U
I
L
T
Y

Bruno

LieHo should be paying THEM. By selling the tape, not only have they tainted the jury pool, their credibility as witnesses is shot. They may have just helped her get away with this.

Jeanie

LOL...Anyone else getting the feeling that Lindsay is starting to become institutionalized??

timmsa

wow another person/company for her to make money on. She is a has been. If she would just get head screwed on right and get it out of her ass, she could possibly get her career back on track and start making money again.

She has turned into a sue happy wench.

always

Linz N Sam 4 ever gag gag gag

sean

Another day another stupid post from TMZ straight from Team Trollhan..@therock are you gonna get sued if you discuss your relationship details about her chilhood on the show that paid Mike Sr. $300,000 owe,thats right she reportedly was enraged so you gave her $50,000 is that illegal or just immoral ..The victimized jewelry store was worried that Team Lohan would alter the footage and sell it themselves so they released it in a way that they could control.

Kate

Kamofie needs a rep with better spelling and grammar skills.

Josephina

Did they actually spell "truely" wrong in the statement?

john smith